Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know i know :/Thank you so much for your help though! You among other things had me in love with the school. I really felt at home, however I couldn't pass up a competing program closer to home.

Members don't see this ad.

Would anyone happen to know how many seats are currently available for wait listed students? Also, would it be possible to call TX A&M to inquire out about your rank?

I was wondering the same thing!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
^ what they said. lol You won't be told your rank. Just hang in there and try to stay positive. I know it's hard. I was there once too. I didn't get in my first go around and improved myself and got in. Keep trying, especially if this is what you really want. :xf:

Has anybody received info on pre-orientation? Or any other info?

I just got a call this morning! There is still hope for everyone still waiting.. STAY POSITIVE :D

I just got a call this morning! There is still hope for everyone still waiting.. STAY POSITIVE :D

Congrats!!! :) Join the Facebook page...lots of current students on there helping out!!

Congrats!!! :) Join the Facebook page...lots of current students on there helping out!!
Thanks! I requested to join the fb group yesterday, and now waiting to be let in the group :)

Just withdrew my acceptance. *le sigh* I spent a couple weeks getting attached to the idea of studying at TAMHSC...felt kinda sad when Ms. Gamboa confirmed that she received my withdrawal email.

TAMHSC was the first school to invite me to an interview and give me an admissions offer, but I recently received the opportunity to study pharmacy in my hometown and I couldn't pass that up. Best wishes to the lucky individual on the waitlist. :)

Very surprised that I received a phone call today! Sad to say I was not told that I got in, but that they are trying to prepare for more acceptances in case of possible declines. For those of you wondering, as I'm sure you have guessed by now, I was told that all the seats are taken as of this moment.

Hope everyone is having a restful summer! :)

For those that have been accepted, would any of you all have any study materials that you recommend to help boost your PCAT score? Also, would ya'll be willing to lend or rent any helpful material. I just graduated from TAMUK last week and plan to study for the PCAT throughout the summer. I know this forum is for the 2017 class, but I want to get a head start for my class I plan to get into!! Thanks in advance...

I tried joining the FB group and it says my request is pending. :(

For those that have been accepted, would any of you all have any study materials that you recommend to help boost your PCAT score? Also, would ya'll be willing to lend or rent any helpful material. I just graduated from TAMUK last week and plan to study for the PCAT throughout the summer. I know this forum is for the 2017 class, but I want to get a head start for my class I plan to get into!! Thanks in advance...

I don't know what you mean by "boost". Have you taken it already and what did you feel like were your weaknesses? Were there any subjects in particular that you could review? I may not be the best person for advice as I basically just read the Kaplan PCAT review book the night before and scored well. I don't think it's how well of a test taker are you... as with many other entrance exams since the PCAT in my opinion was actually a measure of how prepared are you to build on the material you learned in your pre-reqs pharmacy school. I suggest taking a diagnostic test to see where you lack concepts wise and then build on that because if you have already completed the pre req courses successfully with A's or B's then that should definitely reflect on the percentile scores. I do suggest if you have time to better your GPA simultaneously by taking any courses you might have less then a B on which should also directly improve your PCAT scores. I noticed from speaking to others that doing well in pre req courses will help you hit the median if anything but to do above and beyond percentile wise will only be achieved by how well are you able to tackle any of the concepts you see in the PCAT book which I found on the PCAT website itself. Lastly, my best advice is to not focus on how you score but really learn the material to an extent where you can tackle any question thrown at you with speed. I hope this helps. :thumbup:

Just wanted to let everyone know they're still pulling people off the waitlist. I just got my acceptance call yesterday. I'm super surprised! I was pretty sure I bombed the interview, since Texas A&M was my first pharmacy interview. I was too nervous to even think straight!

For those who are still waiting, hang in there. I just got my acceptance this morning! Super surprised and unexpected. Anyone who is already in, how long did it take to get your packets and your email from the school for immunizations, paperwork, etc.

For those who are still waiting, hang in there. I just got my acceptance this morning! Super surprised and unexpected. Anyone who is already in, how long did it take to get your packets and your email from the school for immunizations, paperwork, etc.
Congrats! I got my package within 48 hours

Just wanted to let everyone know they're still pulling people off the waitlist. I just got my acceptance call yesterday. I'm super surprised! I was pretty sure I bombed the interview, since Texas A&M was my first pharmacy interview. I was too nervous to even think straight!

Hey! I applied for Fall 2014 and I'm waiting for my acceptance, I think I'm on waitlist. I was browsing through last year's SDN forum and I noticed that you were accepted late May. I was wondering if you would be able to tell me your stats? I'm wondering where I stand as of now and whether or not I even have a chance for acceptance. Your help would be great. Thanks!