Texas August MCATers....any word??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ndi_amaka

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back from the Texas schools you applied to or are they going to wait out til scores are released in October??

Members don't see this ad.

They told me they wont go foward until MCATs are released. :(

Who's they? :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I called and spoke with a Adcom at Galveston. My app is on hold until MCATs are released in October. Even though my file has been complete for over 2 months.

dang. oh well...it'll give me two weeks to finish my secondaries.

last year i took the august MCAT (1st time) and had an interview invite awaiting me in mid-sept.

Originally posted by XCanadianRagwee
last year i took the august MCAT (1st time) and had an interview invite awaiting me in mid-sept.

From what school???

TMDSAS won't even send my stuff out for some reason.... I sent them the check and I think all I am waiting on is MCAT scores and LOR.....

I know UTMB makes an exception if u have over a 3.5

UTMB= Gavelston?? I'm over a 3.5, but I'm out of state. Is the exception for in state only?

Originally posted by Marianne11
UTMB= Gavelston?? I'm over a 3.5, but I'm out of state. Is the exception for in state only?

you have no chance as an out of stater applying for admission to a Texas school.

Why not? They accept 20% non-residents now? Are you just be rude?:confused:

Originally posted by Marianne11
Why not? They accept 20% non-residents now? Are you just be rude?:confused:

Yes, he is being rude....and 20% is wrong. All public TX med schools can accept 10% non-resident each year by law since the state government funds a lot of the costs. This represents seven schools, including one DO school.

Baylor is semi-private, still receiving state funds and may take 20% (or more) from out of state. I don't know if they have a limit.

The bar goes up a bit if your not a TX resident.