Texas Hopeful?

Started by RK.md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Congrats on the wonderful profile! I think you would have a great shot at schools outside of TX as well if you wanted! 👍
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I completely understand the whole, pre-med insecurity anxiety thing, but come on man. The above poster is right, and as long as you're not a robot you'll be able to get into probably a number of schools. Just don't get lazy and skimp on the p.s. or any of the secondaries. :luck:
 
Thanks everyone! I have to admit though, I'm leaning towards Baylor more than the rest of the other schools... which is why I'm a bit skeptical.

As a Texas resident and with those awesome stats, I think Baylor is far from a long shot. In fact, I believe you have an amazing chance. Just believe in yourself and all will follow.
 
4.0/34?!?! dude, you're doneskiez. medicine's definately not in your future. might as well start figuring out something else to do with your life...
 
Your MCAT isn't that balanced (9 Verbal) which may be your main downfall... but you definitely have a chance at any of the med schools in TX.

On this site I have definitely seen many TX residents get into Baylor with your stats, and you are way competitive for all the TMDSAS schools. Best of luck and get over the insecurity, you will end up somewhere and hopefully it's somewhere you love! You have to love the TX favoritism (mandated by TX law) by Baylor!!!