Texas medical jurisprudence

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hi

I'm a physician from Europe who will be moving to TX soon. So I have to come to Texas shortly to take the TMJ exam and then fly back to Europe.
Honestly, how difficult is this exam?
I've taken the on-line preparation course (www.texasjurisprudenceprep.com) and bought the Zerris book. Is that enough or should I dive into the original laws on the TMB website? I have no idea.
Any advice?
I don't want to fly back to Texas a second time to try the exam again...

Thanks!
you have a residency to start? is the TMJ test required for a training license?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You definitely do not need to read any actual laws (in fact, the laws themselves are pretty dense and confusing to read). Despite their flaws, any of the available resources are enough to prepare.
 
To all those studying for the State of Texas Medical Juriceprudence Exam save time and your money!!

I am relocating back to TX from NY and had to take the TX medical JP exam recently. I was told you need to study, which is true, but you do not need to buy a book or take a course! Just study the flashcards (taken from the Zerris text) here http://www.cram.com/flashcards/jurisprudence-exam-for-texas-medical-board-836632 , and the sample questions from here https://www.texasjurisprudenceprep.com/ , and the update from here http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...risprudence-exam-for-state-licensure.1171678/ , and you will easily pass. I am not a strong test taker and I scored an 88 after only a few hours of prep.

Save your money!