Texas NPTE registration question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vitalityforlife

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who went to school outside of Texas but registered to take NPTE and become licensed in Texas....

how do I get in contact with the board? I have called the PT/OT website number numerous times, left voice mails, emailed, and have not heard back. Is there a way I can call and get in back door?

Also, I completed all of the necessary requirements, however, it was my understanding that since I am taking the NPTE prior to graduation, I had to send a pre-completion letter from my program chair to the boards in order to receive ATT. We sent the letter, and I've been waiting for confirmation to schedule exam. Do I have to also send in the official transcripts in order to be eligible to sit? I only sent in the pre-completion letter because it was supposed to act as place saver until my didactics were finished and my school could send official transcripts.

I was planning on taking it this April 27th, but now that the deadline is past (March 30), does this mean I need to just plan for the July date? Please help!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, you do need to submit your official transcripts as well as your pre-completion letter. You also needed to send in a 2x2 passport photo and take your jurisprudence exam. I registered with the board and everything went very seamlessly as they update your online profile every time they receive something for your file.

I would say at this point just plan for July!