Texas school applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone heard from UT??? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I keep checking my email and the website, then I come to this forum. After seeing nothing for the first two, my stomach turns when I see a new post in this thread.

It looks like I may still have a chance of an interview, but it won't be long before someone delivers the crushing news :cry:

no worries Knickerbocker, like my wife said, no news is good news. plus there is still tomorrow. waiting is definitely not my game.

Members don't see this ad :)
Try to keep in mind that you may not be asked for an interview until the third round. I know the waiting is tough, but it could be a while until you here anything. I've been there, and believe me it is worth the wait when you get your acceptance.

Best of luck!

well, like you said, invites go out ~week before so if we don't hear from UT by close of Friday either way, we can safely assume we didn't make it in the 1st round thus we can give it a rest until next round. but the anxiety is there till tomorrow night...or until someone on here posts they got something.

well, like you said, invites go out ~week before so if we don't hear from UT by close of Friday either way, we can safely assume we didn't make it in the 1st round thus we can give it a rest until next round. but the anxiety is there till tomorrow night...or until someone on here posts they got something.

It will be a miracle if I get an invitation to the first round. My stats are good, and I think my essays are decent, but they'll probably hold my school against me (it's in the bottom tier).

First round probably consists entirely of UT students and people who applied from places like Harvard and UC Berkeley :(

It will be a miracle if I get an invitation to the first round. My stats are good, and I think my essays are decent, but they'll probably hold my school against me (it's in the bottom tier).

First round probably consists entirely of UT students and people who applied from places like Harvard and UC Berkeley :(

Actually... this is from UT COP admission stats for 2007 for school previously attended:

Prior Degree School
Number
Baylor
3​
Butler U
1​
George Mason U
1​
Harvard & UT Austin
1​
RMIT U (Australia)
1​
SF Austin St U
1​
TAMU-CS
13​
TCU
1​
Texas Tech
1​
U Arizona-Tucson
1​
U Illinois-Urbana Champaign
1​
U Maryland-College Park
1​
U New Orleans & UT Austin
1​
U of Toronto
1​
U Wisconsin-Madison
1​
UT Arlington
1​
UT Austin
14​
UT Naval Academy
1​
UTEP
2​
UTPA
1​
UTSA
TOTAL

Notice, only 14 (!) from UT Austin. One from Australia (P1's: anyone know if he/she is Australian???) And only one from Harvard! Looks like they prefer Texas schools, though.

I don't think I can get a 1st-round invite either with my pcat results not in for a least a few more weeks if that makes any of you feel better...

Does it even make any sense to apply this late to either UT or UH??? I just put it off and put it off. I think UT is due a week from tomorrow. I'm already a bio/pre pharm student here, but I haven't even started on the PharmD app. Have I shot myself in the foot by waiting so long???

Are you in LPPA? Remember Wilcox said they get about 200 applications right before the deadline. You're fine. You can still get an interview. You might get a late one, but you could still get one at least.

Hey, you're way, way higher than the average :D

Anyone notice how the biology section stats are missing? Weird...

My understanding is that because the PCAT biology portion contains questions specific to Anatomy classes, and UT doesn't have Anatomy as part of the pre-pharmacy curriculum (only once you start Pharmacy School), they don't include the Biology portion in measuring the PCAT. This sucks for me, b/c I made a 90 on the Bio portion.

But, it doesn't change your composite score for UT application purposes, which is a good thing, I guess.

NONE from UH? :smuggrin:

Actually... this is from UT COP admission stats for 2007 for school previously attended:

Prior Degree School
Number

Baylor
3​
Butler U
1​
George Mason U
1​
Harvard & UT Austin
1​
RMIT U (Australia)
1​
SF Austin St U
1​
TAMU-CS
13​
TCU
1​
Texas Tech
1​
U Arizona-Tucson
1​
U Illinois-Urbana Champaign
1​
U Maryland-College Park
1​
U New Orleans & UT Austin
1​
U of Toronto
1​
U Wisconsin-Madison
1​
UT Arlington
1​
UT Austin
14​
UT Naval Academy
1​
UTEP
2​
UTPA
1​
UTSA
TOTAL

Notice, only 14 (!) from UT Austin. One from Australia (P1's: anyone know if he/she is Australian???) And only one from Harvard! Looks like they prefer Texas schools, though.

I don't think I can get a 1st-round invite either with my pcat results not in for a least a few more weeks if that makes any of you feel better...

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone going from Austin to Amarillo on the 14th and will want to travel together?

Hi guys! I have a friend who is applying for pharmacy school cycle 2009 and would like to ask a quick question for him. He would like to know if you apply to Houston pharmacy school, is there a personal statement requirement? He was looking at their online website, but couldn't find the information needed. Anyway, thanks in advance!

Hi guys! I have a friend who is applying for pharmacy school cycle 2009 and would like to ask a quick question for him. He would like to know if you apply to Houston pharmacy school, is there a personal statement requirement? He was looking at their online website, but couldn't find the information needed. Anyway, thanks in advance!

You do a questionaire and self-assessment if you are invited for an interview. The actual application requires nothing in terms of essays.

For the UT app, I have everything in but my last LOR, she is taking FOREVER to do it. She promised she would have it in by Monday. If I turn in my application on Monday, would it still be possible to get the first round of interviews? Just curious...
Sitting on pins and needles just like the rest of you:)

tell you what nehe87, Kincekbocker and I have been complete for a while and waiting on UT's 1st wave of interviews. nothing yet. no one on here posted they have received an invite from UT, yet. either because they have not gone out (probably the case) or we weren't good enough for 1st rounds, gulp(?) I'm thinking if you submit everything by monday you might be considered for 1st rounds...ah, the waiting :(

I just received my interview invite e-mail from UT Austin!!! :clap: Looks like we have to log on and choose what time we want to interview on either the 1st or the 2nd. yay, I can barely contain myself :laugh:

are you able to log on and pick a time and date? it gives me an error

i emailed them and they just emailed back saying its fixed, try now

Just logged on and scheduled my interview time for UTA and it went through fine.

Good luck to everyone!

Didn't think I'd get in the first round being out of state, so I'm pretty excited!!!

It's a logistical nightmare though since I'm doing a UCSF interview the next day at noon.... hopefully I don't wind up getting completely worn out.. I'm having to do a flight from denver to austin, austin to SFO and then SFO back to denver!!

Fixlittlepeople,
So do we just show up one one of the two days? I set my interview date for Saturday and I got an e-mail back saying:
This confirms your reservation for Pharm.D. Interview
from 2/1/2008 to 2/2/2008.
Do you know if I still have to show up on the first?

according to the email: On the day of your interview please come to the Faculty/Staff Lounge, PHR 5.108 located on the fifth floor of the SOUTH PHARMACY BUILDING.

EVENTS of the day will include:
o Your scheduled 30 minute interview
o Tour of the pharmacy building and campus
o Slide show and presentation by pharmacy students

which to means, whtever time slot you reserved is when you want to show up, say 15 or so min before, at the pharmacy building

I just received my interview invite e-mail from UT Austin!!! :clap: Looks like we have to log on and choose what time we want to interview on either the 1st or the 2nd. yay, I can barely contain myself :laugh:

I got my UT invitation! =)

Congrats to those that got a 1st round interview... guess it's better luck next round for me :(

Is the Pharmacy interview feedback page working for you guys?

Fixlittlepeople,
So do we just show up one one of the two days? I set my interview date for Saturday and I got an e-mail back saying:
This confirms your reservation for Pharm.D. Interview
from 2/1/2008 to 2/2/2008.
Do you know if I still have to show up on the first?

Yes, show up whichever day you chose, at least 20 minutes before your time. The time you selected is when your time slot for your personal interview starts, not an arrival time, so don't be late.

hey good luck everyone! i will be there on feb 2nd

bigdogc, when you say you are going to be there, as a pharmacy student, are you going to be a student that sits in with the interviewers? i'm wondering also if there are more than one student they schedule to interview per time slot?

Does UT accept people right after they interview, or do they make decisions on everybody after all rounds of interviews are over?

I'm pretty sure they accept a few after each interview round. As for how many get accepted and how many stay in the applicant pool for subsequent rounds, I'm not totally sure.

I'm pretty sure they accept a few after each interview round. As for how many get accepted and how many stay in the applicant pool for subsequent rounds, I'm not totally sure.

So, is there a possibility that one of us will find out the decision after the 1st interview? Or does UT send out the decision all at once in April/May?

anyone know the answer? mike36? it would interesting to know if there is some, what percentage of interviewees get acceptances...

So, is there a possibility that one of us will find out the decision after the 1st interview? Or does UT send out the decision all at once in April/May?

Yes some will receive their acceptance letters after their rounds of interviews. Others might receive denial letters... and if you don't hear anything back, it means that your application is still in play. (I didn't receive my letter of acceptance until May 15 and I was in the second round of interviews last year.)

I saw that thread where you and others were freaking out over UT in April/May. Fortunately, it looks like almost everyone posting about it did get an acceptance.

I saw that thread where you and others were freaking out over UT in April/May. Fortunately, it looks like almost everyone posting about it did get an acceptance.

lol yeah :) good luck on your interviews! I'll hopefully be there in the hospitality room to answer any questions and concerns you all have before your actual interview. :)

anyone know the answer? mike36? it would interesting to know if there is some, what percentage of interviewees get acceptances...

Yes some will receive their acceptance letters after their rounds of interviews. Others might receive denial letters... and if you don't hear anything back, it means that your application is still in play. (I didn't receive my letter of acceptance until May 15 and I was in the second round of interviews last year.)

Yes, this is right. I believe last year, some acceptances went out as late as June or maybe July. If you don't make it through after acceptances are sent out for your round of interviews, it's still ok. Until you get a rejection, your application is still in play.

I am not sure what percentage receives interviews.

After 3 years of applying I finally got an interview with Texas Tech!!!!! my Pcat was only 68 and took it 3 or 4 other times, with 3.93 gpa after retaking all science classes 3 times. wow did i get lucky or what.

Can anyone who has been thru the TT process please pm me on how things go. thanks

to: imperialto

Just wanted to say Wow! congratulation :D
I feel more motivated for some reason after your post :)

Can anybody can help with sample of UT Interview questions?
It will be greatly appreciated :love:

For those who got invites for UH second round of interviews...when did ur applications got completed? Good Luck to yall :)

I hope I get one too :scared: :(

I sent in and completed all my application requirements on Dec 5 for UH and I received an invitation for Feb 22.