Texas school applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
thanks for the heads up

Members don't see this ad.

I keep frantically checking this board and my email, hoping for some sign of UT and Tech sending out invitations for interviews, but I know that it will probably be 2-3 weeks before they start that.

It's now anxiety season!

as if i needed more anxiety in my life...try to keep busy with spring semester starting again, yey :(

Members don't see this ad :)
But I guess waiting is better than the time coming and me finding out that nobody wants to interview me.

Hii all...I hv all my documents and applications completed for texas tech except my pharmacist recommendation..will they still consider me for the early decision? What do yall think?

Ohh and for UH..I know they hv a question which asks if we hv pharm tech certification..but I got my certification after submitting my application. Do you think I can still let them know some how...geez I know its probably nt possible...but I just wanted to know if I should go ahead and ask them about it...:rolleyes:

Hii all...I hv all my documents and applications completed for texas tech except my pharmacist recommendation..will they still consider me for the early decision? What do yall think?

Ohh and for UH..I know they hv a question which asks if we hv pharm tech certification..but I got my certification after submitting my application. Do you think I can still let them know some how...geez I know its probably nt possible...but I just wanted to know if I should go ahead and ask them about it...:rolleyes:

I believe all application documents for TT must be postmarked by Jan 7. Did your advisor from Texas Tech contact you already? You can always ask them questions and they are really good at responding back quickly.

For UH, you can email them and explain the changes. They'll be able to do the changes for you.

I'm in a similar situation. I sent my application and everything else in on time, but I just found out one of my letter writers didn't send in the LOR. I'm hoping that they will see that only one thing was late, but I'm going to write an email to ask.

:confused:On a different note, does anyone know if Incarnate Word is strict about sending transcripts in one envelope?

Do you guys think that Tech will send out the first round of interview invites over the next week?

We should start a pool :)

Anybody got any progress with Texas Southern?

Hi everybody, I'm new to this forum and I currently go to University of Houston :)

For Texas southern, I finish everything and then they just emailed me at the last day of Early decision to tell me my professor hadn't sent his LOR. :(

Just to make sure, out of the Texas school, is UH the only one with rolling admission?

Hey guys, do any of you know when UH offers their second round of interviews?

Just to make sure, out of the Texas school, is UH the only one with rolling admission?

It seems that way. The next closest is Texas Tech with its two different deadlines.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everybody, I'm new to this forum and I currently go to University of Houston :)

For Texas southern, I finish everything and then they just emailed me at the last day of Early decision to tell me my professor hadn't sent his LOR. :(

TSU doesn't have an early decision. they jsut have one deadline and then they'll invite candidates for interviews after reviewing all applicants. mrs. davis is the one who handles all application materials/forms

Thanks guys, for the informations :)
and oops, my bad I guess I was thinking of one of the other school's ED date and mistaken it when I wrote my post. :D

Hey guys, do any of you know when UH offers their second round of interviews?

I've been wondering the same thing! I figure the invitation for the first round went out Dec.17 more than a month before the actual interviews on Jan. 25 so hopefully the second round of invites will come out soon. After all, they have to process all the supplemental forms before the next interview. I've definitely been stalking my inbox!:) "Good luck to you:luck:

be blessed

pearbeary18, I gave Incarnate Word my packet before Fall grades and then gave them and updated transcript with Fall grades a month later. Thing is I hand delivered both times. They seemed annoyed with me, just in general, maybe for delivering everything in person vs mailing it, but they took the new transcript anyways. I think it should be ok. If you mail them your updated transcript just call them make sure they got it.

Tech is probably going to start sending invitations soon because we just did the student training for the interviews here at Tech SOP.

Tech is probably going to start sending invitations soon because we just did the student training for the interviews here at Tech SOP.

omg...i'm crossing my fingers to make the first round...thanks for the heads up!

I'm going crazy checking my email.

I'm going even crazier checking this forum with the fear that people got interviews but I didn't.

do all the texas pharm schools notify you of an interview through email? just wondering if i should be looking out for something in the mail box also...

I'm going crazy checking my email.

I'm going even crazier checking this forum with the fear that people got interviews but I didn't.

I know the feeling. Last year, I checked my email, mailbox, and this site compulsively. I don't know about other Texas schools, but UT Austin sends interview invites via email AND snail mail (at least that's what happend last year).

mike36, were you in the 1st interview batch? when did you get your email for the interview invite?

pearbeary18, I gave Incarnate Word my packet before Fall grades and then gave them and updated transcript with Fall grades a month later. Thing is I hand delivered both times. They seemed annoyed with me, just in general, maybe for delivering everything in person vs mailing it, but they took the new transcript anyways. I think it should be ok. If you mail them your updated transcript just call them make sure they got it.

I think they'll be even more annoyed with me. I already sent in my app, but I realized I forgot to include the actual checklist in my packet! I was so busy checking off the checklist it totally slipped my mind. I want to call to ask if it's imperative they get the checklist, but their website hasn't been working. They need to make their school more Internet-friendly.

For all you UT applicants, the school sent out invites one week before the interview date last year, so I'd keep an eye on your email late next week ;)

mike36, were you in the 1st interview batch? when did you get your email for the interview invite?

Last year, I interviewed in the second round of interviews. I believe I got the invite about a week before the interview.

For those interested in UT Austin, we just received an email about interview dates. There will be three rounds of interviews. The dates are Feb. 1/2, March 7/8, and April 4/5. So each round consists of two days of interviews. The dates fall on Fri/Sat.

The email we got actually said the second round was March 7/2, but that doesn't make sense because the 2nd is a Sun. Pretty sure it should be the 7/8, as I've written above.

Good luck everyone!

anyone know if UT sends out rejection letters along with interview invites or do they do it a different date?

Yeah, thanks for the info mike! How would you advise us to prepare for the interview? Have you all already started preparing yet? It's right around the corner and I'm getting really nervous!

Yeah, thanks for the info mike! How would you advise us to prepare for the interview? Have you all already started preparing yet? It's right around the corner and I'm getting really nervous!

The interview feedback section of this site is a really good source. I probably don't have any additional advice that you haven't heard before...be your self, relax, sleep, eat breakfast, be sincere, ask questions, make eye contact, dress to impress, etc...

Try not to get too nervous. Also, if the interview sounds more like a conversation than question and answer, that's a good thing. My interview last year lasted about an hour, because we talked about all kinds of things besides just the questions she asked me. I think I was only asked about 5 questions.

One more thing. It's likely that a current pharmacy student will sit in with the faculty member for the interview. The student will make remarks that the admissions committee will consider, so it is important to speak to both the faculty member and the student interviewer. Regardless of who asks the question, engage both in the conversation.

And if it's a hot day, consider bringing a can of deodorant. Might sound silly, but UT is a big campus and walking around with a suit and tie, in addition to the pre-interview butterflies can make one very sweaty.:smuggrin:

Hope that helps!

anyone know if UT sends out rejection letters along with interview invites or do they do it a different date?

They send out rejections kinda randomly I think. From my understanding, each time the adcom meets, if there are people that are definitely rejected (don't meet min. requirements, etc), they'll get a letter. If your application is still being considered, you are either put into the interview pile or into a reviewed, but unsure pile. If you go into this second pile, they look at you again at the next meeting and compare you with new apps received.

They usually send out interview invites 1 week before the dates, so they should be going out next week, probably Thurs or Friday. So generally, if you don't get an interview invite the first round, no news is good news since you're still being considered. On the bad side, there are only 3 interview rounds, the last one in early April, and even after the interviews UT takes a very long time to make decisions. I didn't find out until the end of May last year, and I know some people who didn't find out until mid June.

Do you know anything about the criteria for selecting interviewees? Is there some equation involving GPA, PCAT, and essays?

Well, looks like it will be at least four more days before anyone sends out any invitations. :cry:

On the bright side, this at least means that I still have a chance at getting into the upcoming round of interviews. I'm better off now than I will be this time next week when I find out that I didn't get any invitations.

Does anyone know where Tech does its interviews? Is it in Amarillo only, or are they doing interviews in Abilene as well?

if you applied for texas tech's early admission, you should be getting some kinda notification this coming week and/or early next week. First round of interviews start in early feb (usually on the first friday). i believe all interviews are held in amarillo. good luck!!!

as I was reading last year people applying l swore I wouldn't be the person who'd be feverishly checking his e-mail and/or SDN for a hint of an interview or acceptance, and here I am saturday night, drinking a cold one, and wondering am I going to be getting an interview with the first batch of peeps from UT...I will drink one to all my fellow applicants and hope we all get in this application cycle because the idea of waiting through another cycle is just to horrid to think about :cool: best of luck everyone!

as I was reading last year people applying l swore I wouldn't be the person who'd be feverishly checking his e-mail and/or SDN for a hint of an interview or acceptance, and here I am saturday night, drinking a cold one, and wondering am I going to be getting an interview with the first batch of peeps from UT...I will drink one to all my fellow applicants and hope we all get in this application cycle because the idea of waiting through another cycle is just to horrid to think about :cool: best of luck everyone!

I've been checking 100 times a day. Since they most likely won't send out invitations on Sat, Sun, or Mon, you can do like me and reduce the checking to only 10 times a day for this period. :laugh:

ye, actually i just checked to see if there were any other folk on here who are as curious as myself to see if they are getting an interview invite. what schools are you waiting to hear from?

ye, actually i just checked to see if there were any other folk on here who are as curious as myself to see if they are getting an interview invite. what schools are you waiting to hear from?

I'm waiting to hear from Tech, UT, and UH. Tech and UT should be any day now and UH has to contact people for the second round at some point in the near future.

I'm also waiting on A&M, but I get a feeling that they aren't going to start sending notices for at least a month or so.

i'm only waiting on UT and UIW, I have no idea about UIW, but definitely going to be waiting on UT next week...

I'm patiently waiting on UH, Tech, A&M, Univ of Washington, and Univ of Colorado. I'm a bit worried but I'm hoping for the best. I went shopping today for a tie and some dress shoes. I got my attire all nice and ready for the interviews now :D

Speaking of clothing I spent over $750 dollars on clothing just for my interview.:eek:

are you serious????? dannnnggggg that was how much i paid for all my application fees lol. yea i already had a pretty nice suit so i just needed a quality tie and some nice shoes.. tiz all =) but yea... u do want to look ur best so i would consider it all an investment :)

fyi....TSU is doing things real early this year. just received my letter for interview on the 28th. Not my first choice of school, but i'm just really surprised they're on track this time around. :thumbup:

are you serious????? dannnnggggg that was how much i paid for all my application fees lol. yea i already had a pretty nice suit so i just needed a quality tie and some nice shoes.. tiz all =) but yea... u do want to look ur best so i would consider it all an investment :)

Yeah it had been about five years since my last suit, time for a new one.:cool:

fyi....TSU is doing things real early this year. just received my letter for interview on the 28th. Not my first choice of school, but i'm just really surprised they're on track this time around. :thumbup:

That's good.
When did you submit and complete your application?
And they leave you only one week to prepare?

yeah, the UT app is the most time consuming, most expensive, and the most difficult texas school to get into, so i'm just doing their apps last to cover all grounds and not have to wonder what if...but i doubt my chances of getting in are any good...i'm just relying on luck...

I'm applying to UT for Fall 08. It's the only one I'm applying to so I didn't realize that it was so involved... I just thought all pharmacy schools are that way ;)

You're right, very time consuming but UT is by far the best pharmacy school in Texas, hell even most of the US. It's ranked #2 in US for pharmacy schools. Definitely worth the time if you ask me :D

That's good.
When did you submit and complete your application?
And they leave you only one week to prepare?

i submitted early during the fall semester, when i was working on my PharmCAS applications. i figured since i'm doing pharmCAS and transcripts, might as well do the TX schools all at once too...this is my second time around applying for pharm school, so although it's only a week in advance...not that worried...