Texas State Board of Pharmacy registration process length

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

petervantran

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recently just applied to the state board on the website for Pharmacy Technician and did my fingerprints about 2 weeks ago. There was new years and Christmas holidays, so I can understand why it would take a couple days longer. I called in and they told me I had a hit on my fingerprints, this was due to a Class B misdemeanor for a traffic violation. I had the case dismissed and am now waiting on my registration to be Active. Can anyone with the same type of situation please let me know how much longer it would take? I called and the lady was very rude, speaking to me in a mean tone stating that it would FOR SURE take at least 3-6 months because you have a record on your prints. Can someone please let me know this isn't true or so? Thanks in advance!
 
I recently just applied to the state board on the website for Pharmacy Technician and did my fingerprints about 2 weeks ago. There was new years and Christmas holidays, so I can understand why it would take a couple days longer. I called in and they told me I had a hit on my fingerprints, this was due to a Class B misdemeanor for a traffic violation. I had the case dismissed and am now waiting on my registration to be Active. Can anyone with the same type of situation please let me know how much longer it would take? I called and the lady was very rude, speaking to me in a mean tone stating that it would FOR SURE take at least 3-6 months because you have a record on your prints. Can someone please let me know this isn't true or so? Thanks in advance!

It says on their website that it will, in fact, take several months to review anyone with a hit on their record. Whether it was dismissed or not does not matter.
 
I wonder if I can do anything like go to their offices and give them the dismissal papers to speed up the process by any chance.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wonder if I can do anything like go to their offices and give them the dismissal papers to speed up the process by any chance.

The only people that can answer that is the BOP. Call them. Hopefully you don't run into the problems I did in CT and MD where the licensing person was on vacation or they just didn't answer the phone. I haven't had a smooth or quick licensing process anywhere.
 
Texas is a big state and few people working the BOP. Heck it took 8 weeks just to my reciprocity. Now in their defense, and it was during the graduation/licensing season. But heck Ohio only took 4. So if they told you 3-6 month, I would plan on it being the very last day of the 6th months. Sorry.