Texas Tech 2024-2025 (c/o 2029 hopefuls)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

TMDSAS posted a reminder about deadlines this week:


Screenshot 2024-08-21 at 1.26.46 PM.jpg
 
Can anyone help? I went to submit my TMDSAS payment and the page refreshed and now I receive an error message when I go to pay
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TMDSAS calculated my GPA A LOT lower than I expected.. will they still transmit my application if I am below the minimum requirement? I am finishing my last undergrad semester and expect a significant increase in GPA in December.
 
TMDSAS calculated my GPA A LOT lower than I expected.. will they still transmit my application if I am below the minimum requirement? I am finishing my last undergrad semester and expect a significant increase in GPA in December.
If your application was just submitted, and not transmitted/verified/whatever they call it, the GPA calculations may change as it goes through the verification process. If yours has been transmitted/verified/etc, then I'd reach out to them and ask, I'm not sure.

1726502966981.png
 
Does anyone have the essay prompts for the Texas Tech secondary application? The website has been down all day for me.
 
This thread is for discussing applications to Texas Tech University School of Veterinary Medicine in the 2024-2025 (class of 2029 hopefuls) cycle.
Hey guys! I need some help. Can someone send me what the supplemental application questions were so I can start preparing my essays? For the past day or so the portal has been down and I can't remember what the questions asked!
 
Does anyone have the essay prompts for the Texas Tech secondary application? The website has been down all day for me.
Same here! Please let me know if you find out what the questions are. I can't even prepare my essays because I cannot remember what the prompts were.
 
Texas Tech just put out an alert that they have an IT issue today and no students or clinics can access computer systems.
Follow on Instagram to see when they are back in touch.
The deadline for secondary submission is 5 PM September 30 and I do not know if it will be extended due to the IT dysfunction.
No point in trying to contact the school until this problem is resolved because they will not be there- "No academic operations at TTUHSC campuses and sites"

Screenshot 2024-09-30 at 7.42.22 AM.png
 
Last edited:
Hope everyone is hanging in there! Have the historic dates for interview invites been holding up for around the week of Thanksgiving?
 
It looks like interview notifications went out the last week of November the last two years. TTU did host a workshop on TAMU’s campus a few weeks ago and we were told that since applications/ supplementals were due earlier that we may see interview notifications coming out a little earlier as well. Probably still sometime in November though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IS rejection. I was interview-waitlisted last year, so if anyone feels discouraged, just know the outcome can be different next year! Congratulations to everyone! [emoji177]
 
IS rejection. Congrats to those who got interviews. Said I wasn’t interested in rural medicine and knew by being honest my chances would probably be minimized.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
IS rejection too. A little heartbroken because this was my favorite IS option and I have a TON of equine experience. Ugh. 2/2 rejections so far 😞
 
Anyone know what the reality of getting of the waitlist is? I know some years they had 100% acceptance for classes.
I talked to my friend who’s a first year and said that several of their classmates were pulled from the list, but in terms of numbers I have no idea.