Texas Tech 2025-2026 (c/o 2030 hopefuls)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hey guys! I was wondering if there are any current students on here.

Congrats on getting full accreditation!

I am excited to see if I get an interview in November. I’m worried I won’t fit exactly what they want though I am a bit of a unique case. I’m a military kid, my parents retired in Texas my sophomore year of undergrad and I go home to Texas over breaks.

I have done an internship in Texas and I genuinely do want to settle down in a rural area in Texas. I want to have a lot of land, and my boyfriend is a Texan, but I’m worried since I’m not super traditionally Texan they won’t believe me.

I was wondering if any current students knew of anybody with a unique case like me who has gotten in.

I’m sure if I get an interview I will be able to tell my story.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IS rejection.
I was expecting it. Only LA experience I have is from college course work.
 
IS rejection. Not surprised, but still disappointed. I probably was not the right fit for the program. Didn’t grow up rural and most of my experience is GP/ER medicine in suburban/urban areas.