Texas Tech applicants 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
?!?! 0_0 not the 17th? why the delay?

i don't know i thought it was kinda weird because they should be on spring break right?

Members don't see this ad.

no, their SB starts the 30th.

What time do you guys think the entire interview process will end? I am a bit worried because the website says the interview should be completed by 5:00. I have to return a car rental by 5:15 due to the package I purchased online. I am not sure if I'll make it in time. If not, that means it will cost me an additional $99 :eek::(. Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
What time do you guys think the entire interview process will end? I am a bit worried because the website says the interview should be completed by 5:00. I have to return a car rental by 5:15 due to the package I purchased online. I am not sure if I'll make it in time. If not, that means it will cost me an additional $99 :eek::(. Thanks!!!
they will charge you another day, if you stay for the question and answer deal you probably won't make it, but if you don't then you will. Its only 100 bucks it might be worth staying to get more "face time"

Last edited:
If the adcom is meeting on the 23rd, does that mean they'll also look over the regular admission applicants? Hmmm.

If the adcom is meeting on the 23rd, does that mean they'll also look over the regular admission applicants? Hmmm.

I doubt it, the first time they met was on the 1st after all the ED interviews were over but they only looked at the first 2 groups.

Hi klaochh,
It's scheduled to be over by 4:30 and I think I was done with everything by 4:30ish. There is very little traffic in Amarillo so you might make it on time. But as Tabouli was suggesting, you could just skip the Q&A, if you need to.

I don't think any "face time" at the point is going to help. You have your gpa, pcat, essay, critical thinking test, group dilemma scores and of course the interview to have given you all opportunities you needed to prove yourself. Some of the staff and students will even have lunch with you as well, so you'll have plenty of opportunities to interact with everyone.

By the time the Q&A rolls around (you and everyone else is exhausted), you're just interacting w/ couple of the advisors, current students and the lady from Financial aid. You're pretty much done for the whole day and its just an opportunity to relax and voice any questions you have. Hope this was helpful.

I don't think that'll be the case. On their schedule of deadlines, it says all of their ED acceptance offers will go out by March 31st, so I'm pretty sure they're still working on the last two weeks from ED. They probably won't start looking at the regular admission till sometime after that.

For all of those that got accepted how did you think you did on your interview? I wish I could redo it, well I might have to next year.

For all of those that got accepted how did you think you did on your interview? I wish I could redo it, well I might have to next year.

I relived the entire interview a couple of times over wishing I could have answered some of the questions differently. That was just the anxiety setting in. I'm sure you did better than you feel about it now. Also remember there are other factors involved other than your interview score.

I relived the entire interview a couple of times over wishing I could have answered some of the questions differently. That was just the anxiety setting in. I'm sure you did better than you feel about it now. Also remember there are other factors involved other than your interview score.

I did the exact same thing Mike. I actually felt my Tech interview didn't go all that well; well not as good as the others. But in the end you do better than you thought, I got in.

I did the exact same thing Mike. I actually felt my Tech interview didn't go all that well; well not as good as the others. But in the end you do better than you thought, I got in.

I agree. I didn't think that my interview went that well. It was my first interview and I got really anxious. After going through the interview process several times after it was done, I really wish I could have answered some of the questions differently or just phrased them better. A lot of times, you do better than you thought. Also, there are many parts in the application package besides the interview.

23rd for sure is when another round of acceptance letter will go out, for sure

Members don't see this ad :)
23rd for sure is when another round of acceptance letter will go out, for sure
:) thanks imperialto. i'm looking forward to that...my bday is on the 24th...it will be great if i can celebrate my bday week with a bang. But then again, if it's the other way around...It will be bad! Oh well, positive thoughts...positive thoughts....:xf:

So, I wonder what percentage of interviewees have received invites so far.

It'll sure be a long two weeks.

Last edited:
Decided to be the first to post a Texas Tech Class of 2013 facebook group in case anyone is interested in meeting their new classmates.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=56597231918

Good luck to all those still waiting!

Hey you were in my group for the group dilemma! Of all the people in our group, I was probably most sure you would get in TTUMike. Good job man.

I was in the same group as both of you then,and you and I had the same interviewers TTUMike.
As soon as I can remember my facebook sign in stuff I'll join the group :)

sooooo..... if they aren't meeting till the 23rd and they send the stuff by snail mail we wouldn't hear anything till the the 30th? Cuz last time the met on the first and people didn't get any letters until next week.:sleep: I wish i could sleep all the way to the 30th. Let the mailbox stalking commence on the 24th on March.

Hey you were in my group for the group dilemma! Of all the people in our group, I was probably most sure you would get in TTUMike. Good job man.

I appreciate that. Were you the one in front of me during the group dilemma?

was anyone else not able to get a hold of their immunization records in time for the interview? did they allow you to submit them later, like later in the week?

Haha no I was the guy at the very end. Those faculty members sure were harsh on us huh?

Yeah, now I know who you are. I thought we had a well spoken group but you are right about the faculty being pretty tough. I still have no idea whether that lady in the middle liked our responses or absolutely hated them. Have you made a decision on what school you are leaning towards?

i had my interview on 2/27 during early decision and still haven't heard anything but people have already been accepted! Gosh why do all these schools get my hopes high and invite me for interviews and then decline me??? gaahh

Yeah, now I know who you are. I thought we had a well spoken group but you are right about the faculty being pretty tough. I still have no idea whether that lady in the middle liked our responses or absolutely hated them. Have you made a decision on what school you are leaning towards?

Yeah that lady was giving all of us that death stare, then quickly scribbling down some notes. Looks like it couldn't have been that bad though considering at least 3 people from our group have gotten in so far :laugh:.

As for where I'm leaning towards? I haven't made a final decision yet, but I think I'm pretty sure I'll be going to UH. I just liked the school a lot and think its a better fit for me. Barring a sudden change of heart, I'll probably be declining TTU's acceptance offer in the next few days. Its good to see you got into your first choice and good luck with everything.

i had my interview on 2/27 during early decision and still haven't heard anything but people have already been accepted! Gosh why do all these schools get my hopes high and invite me for interviews and then decline me??? gaahh
They have only been sending acceptances for the first round of Early Decision interviews. The second round of ED interviews (2/20 and 2/27) are getting reviewed sometime this week or early next week and we should hear back any decision by then.

I hope this time around they mail the stuff out faster than last time i am already sick of waiting.

For those of you who have been accepted, whats the take on the laptop? you guys gonna buy the Dell they are suggesting or something similar? I know we can find better for the same price, but the tech support would be nice :thumbup:

I just had my interview today. Mike said there's going to be an adcom meeting next Monday to review applicants who interviewed on 2/20 and 2/27, and Tuesday to review those interviewed on 3/13 and 3/16. Good luck to all of us!!

Have they even started looking at the regular admission applicants?

I sure didnt have a choice with applying early, since I had to the january pcat....:(

Have they even started looking at the regular admission applicants?

I sure didnt have a choice with applying early, since I had to the january pcat....:(

they haven't even finished looking at ED i interviewed feb 20th and the wait is endless

i must have met u but cannot figure out who you are

I was the only one not wearing a suit with bright blonde hair... I don't think you could forget me if you wanted .... I wish i would of wore a suit

I just had my interview today. Mike said there's going to be an adcom meeting next Monday to review applicants who interviewed on 2/20 and 2/27, and Tuesday to review those interviewed on 3/13 and 3/16. Good luck to all of us!!

hey wat about 3/6?

i interviewed 2/13 and still haven't heard back. does this mean i'm rejected? i emailed mike twice and have gotten no response....

i interviewed 2/13 and still haven't heard back. does this mean i'm rejected? i emailed mike twice and have gotten no response....

I'm pretty sure those that don't get accepted from the ED, get deferred into the regular admission round. So you may not be rejected, but I would call and find out for sure.

Hmm, so if you get 'rolled over', they don't give you a letter to tell you? I may give them a call tomorrow to see what's up

Did you ever give tech a call to find out your application status? I'm not sure who we should call...Mike?

Did you ever give tech a call to find out your application status? I'm not sure who we should call...Mike?

I called Mike Knall from Abilene because that's where my interview was. He told me he'd call me back and never did. But I just looked online and it says "Placed in the rolling pool," so I guess that's where I stand!

I called Mike Knall from Abilene because that's where my interview was. He told me he'd call me back and never did. But I just looked online and it says "Placed in the rolling pool," so I guess that's where I stand!

Mine says "under admission committee review" or something like that but i didn't interview until feb 20th. You should get some action soon because like hockey said next week they will re-review the people that interviewed before the 20th as well as the people from the 20th, 27th and the 6th, then on tuesday they will go through all the other peoples and re-review anyone that didn't get in the day before. AT LEAST THAT IS WHAT I AM HOPING will happen im so sick of waiting.

thanks for the info-i'm also in the rolling pool. that's such a funny phrase (sounds nicer than tabled or deferred though)

im bored, i have bitched about the wait from everyone to my husband to the nurse that gave me the hep b shot today, i faxed the paper over today, i don't want them to hold on to anything over a stupid vaccination .... I wonder if on the 24 i happen to send an email if they would just tell me through the email.... has anyone tried that maybe from the last round when they couldn't take it anymore..... Is there a Dr. Wilcox of Texas Tech?

dun dun duh dun dun duh thread stalker:rofl:that my theme song

Hey guyz so does any one know the particular date I can start stalking my mail box? I interviewed on 3/6

Hey guyz so does any one know the particular date I can start stalking my mail box? I interviewed on 3/6

like the 30th ish maybe before but it seems like after they meet it takes like a week for snail mail your app will be reviewed on the 3/23

like the 30th ish maybe before but it seems like after they meet it takes like a week for snail mail your app will be reviewed on the 3/23

Tabouli, when should we hear...? 2/20

Hi klaochh,
It's scheduled to be over by 4:30 and I think I was done with everything by 4:30ish. There is very little traffic in Amarillo so you might make it on time. But as Tabouli was suggesting, you could just skip the Q&A, if you need to.

I don't think any "face time" at the point is going to help. You have your gpa, pcat, essay, critical thinking test, group dilemma scores and of course the interview to have given you all opportunities you needed to prove yourself. Some of the staff and students will even have lunch with you as well, so you'll have plenty of opportunities to interact with everyone.

By the time the Q&A rolls around (you and everyone else is exhausted), you're just interacting w/ couple of the advisors, current students and the lady from Financial aid. You're pretty much done for the whole day and its just an opportunity to relax and voice any questions you have. Hope this was helpful.

Thanks!! Your info is very helpful and appreciated!

I am so nervous for my interview on 3/28 due to the long process and the group discussion! How did you all prepare for the interview? Was SDN good enough? AHHHHH:eek: Such little time and so many things to do: 2 exams, 1 quiz, and the interview next week!