Texas Tech entering C/O 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
civic4982 said:
What's everyone doing this summer? I hate my classes everyday and plan my approach to the dean to quit when I'm having my coffee every morning...

Let me live vicariously through your summer adventures :D

MBA = Useless Pseudo-Credential

I have one. Top 20 school. Graduated with a 3.8. Nobody cared.

Drop back to an MD alone. Save time and stress for what really matters.

Members don't see this ad.

have you guys gotten your laptop yet? I'm having trouble deciding...

Members don't see this ad :)
Lily22 said:
have you guys gotten your laptop yet? I'm having trouble deciding...

I got a laptop before the "must have a laptop" notice. It's a Dell Inspiron 700m. Got a very good price on Ebay for it. Nice and small thing. My only grievance with it is not having pre-installed MS office, but I got MS office on my desktop. So, no biggie for now. Hopefully, it meets the configuration requirements or most of them.

Anyhow, I suggest checking out price on Ebay...it could save you a ton or provide better accessories/configurations. I don't know what the Tech Dell Discount is - I presumed that they won't have the model I want for discount anyways (I may be wrong though). G'luck.

hjt said:
I got a laptop before the "must have a laptop" notice. It's a Dell Inspiron 700m. Got a very good price on Ebay for it. Nice and small thing. My only grievance with it is not having pre-installed MS office, but I got MS office on my desktop. So, no biggie for now. Hopefully, it meets the configuration requirements or most of them.

Anyhow, I suggest checking out price on Ebay...it could save you a ton or provide better accessories/configurations. I don't know what the Tech Dell Discount is - I presumed that they won't have the model I want for discount anyways (I may be wrong though). G'luck.

I've got the 700m as well. The slower one though with the 1.6 ghz processor. It's great and does everything I need it to do.

Hello everyone,

great to see you all on my fav. medical student forum...
I am a (soon to be in a little over a week) third year here at Tech and I want to say that you are all in for an extraordinary ride.

I know you will all find Texas Tech and Lubbock to be a great place to study medicine. You will certainly find the people here to be exceedingly friendly and accommodating, as it is the culture out here in west texas. While there are quite a few large pickup trucks, meteorological events known as 'the lubbock dust storm'", and at times the air smells like the oil and natural gas that is being drilled near by, I have grown quite accustomed to the "small college town feel " to this "hub city". Plus the doctors out here really know their stuff...

Hey "brighteyes.." I know you...:) good name, good band. You need to do better in organic next time...

letssee, dont live anywhere inside the loop...and dont live at the heritage or the intern..the cheap price isnt worth having your car broken into or your bike stolen.

and yeah you can get anywhere around lubbock in about 15 min.

Plus we all get free football tickets...which is a fun study break

Wow this is a FREAKIN long message...

out guys, back to studying for the STEP...

any qs just ask..

sorry, I forgot to say what my big sib said to me

"congrats to our newest gluttons for punishment"

:):):)

ListeriaM.2007 said:
sorry, I forgot to say what my big sib said to me

"congrats to our newest gluttons for punishment"

:):):)

thanks for the sage advice. :)

what's the word on lubbock for the clinical years? i (and a lot of us here) matched lubbock, so i'm curious to hear your take on things.

good luck w/ step 1!

hmmm not sure yet but I'll let you know in a week exactly.

What we knew was that in Lubbock surgery is the hardest, but the most realistic as far as most surgical programs go. You have more specialties in lubbock (like neurosurgery, neonatal stuff) than at Amarillo.

In elpaso, you deliver a million babies and you WILL speak spanish whether you know it or not...but most people end up there and have some fun stories to tell....

Amarillo is the 'easiest' as far as call goes and the docs may even invite you up to their vaccation homes in Aspen, but its not exactly 'real' as far as most other programs are conserned (ie its kinda soft..sit at home call as oposed to sleep in the hospital on a bunk.)

A lot of people in our class switched campuses around and it really wasnt that big of a deal (ie.most ended up with what they wanted..)
So I wouldnt stress about that right now.
THe largest challenge you have ahead of you is anatomy... so take it a day at a time...

ListeriaM.2007 said:
THe largest challenge you have ahead of you is anatomy... so take it a day at a time...

yeah, true. the quote in your signature kind of says it all. :eek:

For those of you laptop shopping right now, some words of wisdom:

1st & foremost, owning a laptop is NOT mandatory despite what your wlecome letters say. I received the same letter last summer so I spent $1000 on a box that lets me check the score on the Astros game in the middle of anatomy lecture. I've been told it has other functions, but I am as of yet unaware of them. If you plan to study at home - you don't need one. Save yourself some money & buy an Ipod instead.

If you think I'm full of it (& I suspect most of you do) & are still committed to buying a laptop & every book on your textbook list for this fall, then at least know the following:

The Texas Tech Dell discount blows. Follow that slickdeals link posted earlier or check www.gotapex.com for better pricing.

You don't need Windows XP, MS Office, or McAfee antivirus. The school will provide you all 3 for no charge, so when ordering your laptop, save money by getting the cheapest software bundle available.

It is not necessary to have your laptop during orientation. If you're poor & living ghetto fabulous like me, you can wait to order it until you get your financial aid check in. You will miss out on our fantastic IT staff screwing up a session on how to access the Tech wireless network, but it is easier to follow the online instructions anyhow.

Hope this helps & I hope a few of you actually believe me. The only class we used laptops for was Histology to look at some slides online, but you can do that just as well at home or by buying a copy of the Leeson & Leeson book Tech stole all the slides from. In fact, you will spend most of the fall semester being berated for having your laptops open during class as it is apparently quite distracting to our lecturers.

I'm going to 2nd this!!! All of it! I like having a laptop and actually had mine way before school started. For 1st yr, I only brought it for Histo and that was by agreement with the two buddies I studied with (they huddled around mine and left theirs home).

Talk to your big sib about books, then get them online. Te begining can be scarey and one of the 1st instincts is to go out and get more books (I did it too). Everyone freaks out at some pt and we all get through it (even if some hide it).

I'm going to start another thread for MY book recommendations.

arsenalgunner said:
For those of you laptop shopping right now, some words of wisdom:

1st & foremost, owning a laptop is NOT mandatory despite what your wlecome letters say. I received the same letter last summer so I spent $1000 on a box that lets me check the score on the Astros game in the middle of anatomy lecture. I've been told it has other functions, but I am as of yet unaware of them. If you plan to study at home - you don't need one. Save yourself some money & buy an Ipod instead.

If you think I'm full of it (& I suspect most of you do) & are still committed to buying a laptop & every book on your textbook list for this fall, then at least know the following:

The Texas Tech Dell discount blows. Follow that slickdeals link posted earlier or check www.gotapex.com for better pricing.

You don't need Windows XP, MS Office, or McAfee antivirus. The school will provide you all 3 for no charge, so when ordering your laptop, save money by getting the cheapest software bundle available.

It is not necessary to have your laptop during orientation. If you're poor & living ghetto fabulous like me, you can wait to order it until you get your financial aid check in. You will miss out on our fantastic IT staff screwing up a session on how to access the Tech wireless network, but it is easier to follow the online instructions anyhow.

Hope this helps & I hope a few of you actually believe me. The only class we used laptops for was Histology to look at some slides online, but you can do that just as well at home or by buying a copy of the Leeson & Leeson book Tech stole all the slides from. In fact, you will spend most of the fall semester being berated for having your laptops open during class as it is apparently quite distracting to our lecturers.

The first semester schedule looks bit jumbled compared to what we had, but the material should be the same (I was actually told it may be a bit less to allow for more hands-on/clinical time up front). Your second semester looks identical.

First semester:
-Anatomy: They will beat you down with Moore "blue boxes". Let me tell you, Moore is huge and overly detail for MS1 anatomy. IMO, don't even read the blue boxes. My grades went up when I stopped and anatomy no longer seemed time consuming. Get the high yield info from BRS (the only book I used). The prof’s let you know what clinicals you should know and the additional high yield info will be in BRS. I would suggest getting Moore and using it as a reference. These are also very helpful: http://www.med.umich.edu/lrc/coursepages/M1/anatomy/html/courseinfo/mich_quiz_index.html and a good muscle chart can be helpful. The CD you get from the 2nd yrs is nice, but be careful as much if it was done by some real anal gunners and is "too much info". Know the scribes and know the lab lists and you will get an A with relatively little effort. Do req'd reading and try to learn it all and you will go insane and likely NOT get an A. Use High Yield or BRS along with FirstAid for the final.

-As for lab practicals.... I get as much out of netter (a must have) as looking at cadavers. A lot of students got Netter flash cards, but didn't use them for long. Rohen's color atlas was also a student favorite as it has color pics of pro-sected cadavers. I bought it, but didn't use it. Try some different things and see what sticks. Don't get the dissector manual. It's a waste. They will tell you what to do in the prelab. For studying, I would spend 10-30 minutes the night before lab finding the things we needed to see the next day in Netter and simply writing the pg #'s next to the term (for future quick ref). This was very helpful for just seeing it for the 1st time and being able to find it quickly in lab the next day. Also bring your Muscle Chart to lab (I'll send a link to the one I liked as soon I find it again). Use the lab time to learn…. Don’t waste it chattering. Spend a few minutes with the material that night reviewing and you will have it. That’s it! Look at the cross-sections but don't have a panic attack (like I did first block) about them. Most of the Q's from x-sections are easy and obvious. Don't freak about lab practicals, just know your lists, basic landmarks and basic actions (not too much detail though). Just be steady/consistent. If you don't wait til the last minute, It really isn't that bad and you won't have to study much come test time. Dr. Dalley and Dr. Chilton give GREAT reviews. Go to one (or two), but don’t be rude and hog him. I would recommend you try to schedule reviews at odd times (real early or late, or when the lab is likely to be empty). Med students are vultures and your review will become everyone’s if it’s crowded. Keep it to 8 or less if you can. Here's a big one!... don't pay attention to what others are doing and try to find times to study when the lab isn't really crowded. Others (intentional or not) will make you feel like you know nothing and try to freak you out. Go at your own pace and learn what's high yield. These people got to me at first and for nothing (my lowest lab score was a 92). FWIW, stay away from everyone except for your study group (if you have one) around test time. Don't listen to what people are freaking out about and trying to learn right before you walk into the exam. Learn what's high yield and what YOU think is important. That's it!

-For the embryo portion: get BRS (NOT the req'd text) to clarify things, but only learn what Dr. Beale teaches. If you know what he goes over, you will get every question on the test. He is a bit confusing in lecture, but somehow, it makes sense later on when you read the scribes. DON'T ignore embryo and DON'T put it off (you won't get to it during test week), but DON'T spend too much time with it. High yield and the req'd texts are horrible. Don't even buy as a ref. The final is ridiculous. Look at FirstAid, but don't waste much time (like I did). It's 25 Q's at the end of the anatomy final and really sucks.

-Biochem: Req'd text sucks..... don't buy it. Your class notes really are enough. Google what you can't figure out. Some of the others got a different book and really liked it. I say 'get nothing'. PreTest for the final (seems hard and over the top, but so is the final). This is the ONLY course I recommend PreTest for. It was waaaaaay off on the others. Also, remember that grading (for everything) is relative and if it seems REALLY hard, it probably is for everyone. I felt like I got my ass handed to me on the biochem final and ended up with a 96 (same for the physiology final). Listen to Dr. Pelley. He gives lots of great advice for med school, learning and life. Try what he recommends and see if it works. For me, some did and some was too time consuming. It all worked though.

-Histo/cell bio: Wheater's atlas is very good. A lot of students also got the Leeson & Leeson atlas that all of the WebCT slides come from. Just buy one and go with it. The req'd text sucks and I never used it. For tests, just know your note packets. That's it! For Dr. Hudson, get the relevant clinical stuff (from the book) off of your CD (the one you get from us) in condensed form. For lab tests, know the WebCT slides and we will tell you as you go which prof's like to focus on tougher microscope slides.

-Intro to med (or whatever they call it this yr): don't buy the books. Go to class (req'd and attendance is taken). Have respect for the people teaching it. It's tough going to this class when you are stressed about first semester classes, but you will learn to appreciate it. You don't have to get all your little Dr. tools for this class if you don't want (I didn't).

Second Semester:

-Phys: NMS Phys is the ONLY book you need. That's it! I've seen the others and there is NO comparison. If you buy the req'd text(s), I will rip them out of your hands and slap you over the head with them. NMS uses pics/details from many diff resources (including the few good things in the req'd texts). The few things that showed up in class lectures from the req'd texts that weren't in NMS ended up being useless anyway. If you really need to see it, borrow a friend's book or go to the library. Some people also used a book by Costanzo (I bought it too) and while it's much better than the req'd texts, NMS is still superior by long shot. My buddy I study with used the Costanzo (felt it was a shorter and easier read) and ended up more than 10pts below me in the end (and he's a very capable student). For the final....... drum role please....... NMS!

-Neuro: Get the atlas. Other than that, the class notes are all you should study. Req'd readings are a HUGE waste. Never did them. Blumenfeld is a good book to have for reference (very interesting, but who has time for interesting in med school?). The other req'd txt....... I gave it away with the plastic still on :( For the final..... this will be easy. You are pretty prepared to begin with as the Nuero dept is awesome. High Yield only (even the new info in it you may not have seen in class yet). The other stuff I looked at was no good. Had I spent all my time in High Yield, the NBME would have been very high (only got a 90..... my lowest NBME yet..... focused on PreTest which was no good).

That's it for now...... as yes, I do have better things to do....but I want to help you guys out. I feel med students are left to guess and struggle too much (esp. in the beginning). It doesn't have to be that bad. I have a family, kids, worked out 4x/wk, played b-ball, had free time and went out...... all that, plus low stress (after the 1st block) and very high class standing. Anyone can do it. Just be consistent (don't procrastinate) and go high yield (BTW, when I say ‘High Yield’ in CAP’s, I’m referring to the book….. in lower case, I’m referring to the concept). A few hrs of studying every day and bust ass during blocks. Take your time, see, understand the first time through, then memorize for tests. Don’t be too frustrated by how quickly you seem to forget the stuff. Happens to everyone and probably won’t stick well until we’re actually using it 3rd yr. As long as you really understand it the first time through, re-learning goes very fast. Good luck and feel free to ask Q's.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the advices! It's very encouraging to know that one can still have a social life, a family life, and do very well in classes. I guess it all comes down to time management.

I was going to order the baby Moore and a few NMS's now, but maybe I should wait 'til orientation. Would I be able to get all the books I need during orientation week?

;)

Anyone looking for a place to stay in the fall that doesn't mind a small dog? I'm renting a 2 bedroom and could use a roommate. I have a small dogthough so that may bother some.

thackl-

thanks. i've only ordered first aid, netter, and a couple others. i am going to restrain myself and follow your advice re: recommended texts. we appreciate your help!

re: the BRS anatomy book, do you mean BRS Gross Anatomy (Board Review Series)?

what is the difference b/w BRS and NMS, btw?

mucho gracias!

Dr.Isabella said:
Thanks for the advices! It's very encouraging to know that one can still have a social life, a family life, and do very well in classes. I guess it all comes down to time management.

I was going to order the baby Moore and a few NMS's now, but maybe I should wait 'til orientation. Would I be able to get all the books I need during orientation week?

;)
You can get it all during orientaion, but Ebay is cheaper.

amy2003uva said:
thackl-

thanks. i've only ordered first aid, netter, and a couple others. i am going to restrain myself and follow your advice re: recommended texts. we appreciate your help!

re: the BRS anatomy book, do you mean BRS Gross Anatomy (Board Review Series)?

what is the difference b/w BRS and NMS, btw?

mucho gracias!
BRS and NMS are similar. In my expirience, NMS is a bit more detailed. I don't know anything about NMS Anatomy, but I was very happy with BRS Anatomy.

thackl said:
BRS and NMS are similar. In my expirience, NMS is a bit more detailed. I don't know anything about NMS Anatomy, but I was very happy with BRS Anatomy.

thackl-
you mentioned a phys book by constanzo. on b&n i found BRS phys 3e (costanzo, 1/03), BRS phys cases & problems (constanzo, 4/05), and phys, updated edition: with student consult access (costanzo, 9/04). which one were you referring to? you recommended NMS for phys, so i'm confused.

thanks!

amy2003uva said:
thackl-
you mentioned a phys book by constanzo. on b&n i found BRS phys 3e (costanzo, 1/03), BRS phys cases & problems (constanzo, 4/05), and phys, updated edition: with student consult access (costanzo, 9/04). which one were you referring to? you recommended NMS for phys, so i'm confused.

thanks!
Yes. NMS is the way to go. Most of those in my class "bucking the system" were going with Costanzo's full length book (she also writes BRS). Some people on here recommended NMS, so I tried it and it's great. Sorrt I don't have the ISBN. I can get it you really are interested.... gave the book to a friend 'cause I wasn't using it.

Don't sweat it for now. Phys isn't til spring.

thackl said:
Yes. NMS is the way to go. Most of those in my class "bucking the system" were going with Costanzo's full length book (she also writes BRS). Some people on here recommended NMS, so I tried it and it's great. Sorrt I don't have the ISBN. I can get it you really are interested.... gave the book to a friend 'cause I wasn't using it.

Don't sweat it for now. Phys isn't til spring.

thanks. i got this "one week only" 15% coupon for b&n members, so i bought some texts with the offer - NMS phys included. i'll stick with that for now, seeing as i won't need it for awhile. i appreciate the help!

Hey, I need a place to crash for a night sometime next week, (tuesday july 12th-thursday july 15th) to find an apartment since my pre-lease fell through. I just need a floor to sleep on and won't need to be entertained if you are busy, if you can spare the space please send me an email: [email protected]
thanks,
dan

ListeriaM.2007 said:
In elpaso, you deliver a million babies and you WILL speak spanish whether you know it or not...but most people end up there and have some fun stories to tell....

I just finished 3rd year in El Paso. I'm actually in Lubbock this weekend for a wedding, so I'm pretty interested to hear what my classmates' experiences were like up here and how they compared...

But for now, here's the skinny (which implies nothing about brevity):

I don't speak Spanish, and I still cannot claim anything near fluency. And even though it can be frustrating at times, I still wouldn't change my mind about going to El Paso for my clinical years.

The clinical experiences here are varied and many. I have seen the craziest pathologies and it is honestly rare that I see the same thing twice. We serve the indigent population, we are crazy busy, and we learn by getting tossed straight into the fire. If you don't hit the ground running here, you'll get left behind pretty quick.

If you want home call, don't come to El Paso.

We have some amazing community clinics run by docs who are truly committed to serving the border culture. We have a state hospital where you will have the most flipped out Psych call experiences. We have the Army Medical Center where you will be required to do a month of surgery (where they let you do almost anything, including central lines and chest tubes) and possibly a month of Medicine. There is also the VA where you will do half of your Psych rotation (and talk to crusty old war veterans). Yes, it is true that you will deliver many babies, because we do a week of 12 hour night shifts in labor and delivery in lieu of regular call.

El Paso is an insane, frustrating, amazing, heart-breaking, and rewarding experience. We have our good residents and we have our bad residents. I challenge you to find a place that doesn't have both. Most of our residents are pretty cool though. They come to our parties. heh

On our weekends that we want to get away, we go to Juarez, White Sands (national park), Ruidoso (skiing), Demning (largest winery in New Mexico), Tuscon, as well as a multitude of hot springs in southern New Mexico.

What did I hate about El Paso?
It is frustrating to have morning rounds with subtitles at times. Although, it is amazing how quickly you learn to communicate. It turns out to be the biggest problem in the ER (at least for me, because everyone with the capability to translate is busier than "insert metaphor here".) In most other cases (on the floor or in the clinics) there are people readily available to translate for you, if the need should arise.

I hated OB-GYN, but I hate OB-GYN anyway. (And I even liked delivering babies.) Speaking to one of my Lubbock classmates, they apparently had the exact same hang-ups we did.

Medicine at the Army Medical Center (Beaumont) is not the best experience in the world. But they have a new program director, so hopefully (with our voluminous input) that will change.

Some clinic experiences (namely Medicine and, at times, Peds) are mind-numbing. Peds gets balanced out by a great NICU attending team and some pretty awesome speciality clinics (including Pedi Endocrinology, Cardiology and Pulmonology). Unfortunately, you won't get any exposure to the specialty Peds clinics until 4th year. We are missing a Pediatric surgeon though, and I know that the Pedi surgeon in Lubbock is very cool.

The surgery experience is massive, but we do not have a transplant service, a pediatric surgeon or a CT surgeon. Orthopedics, on the other hand, is crazy-go-nuts busy. As well as neurosurgery, GYN, trauma and general.

I would have to hear what my classmates' experiences were like in Lubbock and Amarillo before I say, "If you want to do family practice, go here..." statements. But for now, as far as I'm concerned, El Paso is a good place to spend a couple years.

Preguntas?

Espion said:
I just finished 3rd year in El Paso. I'm actually in Lubbock this weekend for a wedding, so I'm pretty interested to hear what my classmates' experiences were like up here and how they compared...

thanks, espion! sounds like el paso is pretty intense. good luck w/4th year.

Espion said:
Most of our residents are pretty cool though. They come to our parties. heh

your class does have good
parties and so does the class below us...where did we miss out???

Espion said:
Most of our residents are pretty cool though. They come to our parties. heh

your class does have good
parties and so does the class below us...where did we miss out???

Wow. I haven't check the board for a week or so. Looks like quite a bit of stuff at El Paso. Heh, it'll be "fun." I look forward to that, but course, first things first.
And, speaking of textbooks...pretty insightful there. I know that textbooks maybe hit or miss, but I still bought all the required books, except for an anatomy atlas. Sounds like may be Netter's the standard fare, and also Wheater's, and maybe a few BRS etc types? -Sigh- So much on the plate coming up :eek: ...Well, at least my apt's all set to move in on the 30th. :) Ciao.

hey all. what kind of health insurance are you getting/do you recommend?

i've heard votes for blue cross but i'm torn b/w getting:

1) a "catastrophic" policy with a high deductible (several thousand), low monthly payments (like $50-80) and a medical savings account (to cover unforseen expenses),

or

2) getting a regular $200-400/month comprehensive plan with lower deductibles.

what's the deal with insurance through tech? the website says: "Health Insurance is NOT provided by the school. Students are encouraged to shop around for the health insurance that is best suited to their personal situations." i thought there was some insurance you could buy through the hospital, so that confused me.

thanks for the input guys!

amy2003uva said:
hey all. what kind of health insurance are you getting/do you recommend?

i've heard votes for blue cross but i'm torn b/w getting:

1) a "catastrophic" policy with a high deductible (several thousand), low monthly payments (like $50-80) and a medical savings account (to cover unforseen expenses),

or

2) getting a regular $200-400/month comprehensive plan with lower deductibles.

what's the deal with insurance through tech? the website says: "Health Insurance is NOT provided by the school. Students are encouraged to shop around for the health insurance that is best suited to their personal situations." i thought there was some insurance you could buy through the hospital, so that confused me.

thanks for the input guys!

That is totally depending on your age group and other past history. Myself being 23 and in generally good health I got only emergency health insurance. Savings put into a health savings account would be a good idea as well. If you were prone to certain conditions then I'd say go for a comprehensive health insurance plan. Otherwise, save the money for a rainy day.

civic4982 said:
That is totally depending on your age group and other past history. Myself being 23 and in generally good health I got only emergency health insurance. Savings put into a health savings account would be a good idea as well. If you were prone to certain conditions then I'd say go for a comprehensive health insurance plan. Otherwise, save the money for a rainy day.

Yeah, I am leaning towards emergency insurance. The BC/BS quotes I got online were interesting, though, in that appears to be much cheaper to insure men than women (other factors being equal).

To insure a healthy, non-smoking 24 yo female (me) it would cost $310/month. The same plan for a male is $210. At 34 years old, rates just go up: $370 vs. $270/month.

I was curious to know why the rates vary so much - my guess is that women of child-bearing age incur more expenses with prenatal care and deliveries (though at 35, I would think many women are done having kids). I thought men would be more prone to traumatic injuries, though, so the 30% difference kinda surprised me.

Anyway, just an interesting observation. If there are any statisticians out there I'd love to hear your reasonings. :thumbup:

amy2003uva said:
Yeah, I am leaning towards emergency insurance. The BC/BS quotes I got online were interesting, though, in that appears to be much cheaper to insure men than women (other factors being equal).

To insure a healthy, non-smoking 24 yo female (me) it would cost $310/month. The same plan for a male is $210. At 34 years old, rates just go up: $370 vs. $270/month.

I was curious to know why the rates vary so much - my guess is that women of child-bearing age incur more expenses with prenatal care and deliveries (though at 35, I would think many women are done having kids). I thought men would be more prone to traumatic injuries, though, so the 30% difference kinda surprised me.

Anyway, just an interesting observation. If there are any statisticians out there I'd love to hear your reasonings. :thumbup:

That pricing is really high. Check with BC/BS of California. I used to pay $150 with BC/BS of Texas and then switched to CA and saved myself about $100 a month. It was the same plan basically. I'm not sure if you can book your insurance with an out of state company though since I acually moved to SoCal and worked there so I got that insurance. Check with them.

what's up guys?

anyone else getting excited?!

see you all soon :)

Just to let you guys know, you can get the steadman's medical dictionary required for you guys free by joining tma/ama during orientation! :)