Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) El Paso- Post Baccalaureate Certificate and M.S. in Biomedical Science 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m nervous about my interview tomorrow! I don’t know what to expect from a 10 minute interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Interview went well! It was literally 8 minutes and they rushed off the call. I hope they're just busy and not uninterested LOL :rofl:

Sorry I'm late to the party I got accepted in the initial round

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yay!! I got accepted today!
Hi! I applied to the certificate program and am waiting for an interview invite. Could you let me know what the interview process is like? And if you attended the program, could you let me know what it’s like?

Hi everyone
I just finished up the post bacc program here and I would highly recommend against it for a multitude of reasons. Firstly, yes it is easy to maintain a 4.0 but the classes are essentially a joke. They won't prepare you for medical school, if that's what you're looking for. Also, the "free interview" that post baccs get is a joke as well. It's all formality and seldom does anyone from the post bacc program get a seat in the entering med school class. This mostly has to do with the fact that PLFSOM doesn't consider the program rigorous enough to accept students from it. I think from our class of 11 post baccs, 6 people applied and only 1 person got into PLFSOM while 2 others got in elsewhere. I think most of my classmates could agree that the post-bacc program is just a cash grab for the school and that's basically it. My biggest advice would be that if you want to improve your GPA and get the med school experience, apply to SMP's. They're far more rigorous and you'll actually get a good academic experience. Side note: I was accepted to CUSM's MBS program and wasn't able to go because of how expensive it was, but I honestly regret it. Yea, I was able to boost my GPA here but I really wish I was able to prepare myself for med school through the courses offered.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone
I just finished up the post bacc program here and I would highly recommend against it for a multitude of reasons. Firstly, yes it is easy to maintain a 4.0 but the classes are essentially a joke. They won't prepare you for medical school, if that's what you're looking for. Also, the "free interview" that post baccs get is a joke as well. It's all formality and seldom does anyone from the post bacc program get a seat in the entering med school class. This mostly has to do with the fact that PLFSOM doesn't consider the program rigorous enough to accept students from it. I think from our class of 11 post baccs, 6 people applied and only 1 person got into PLFSOM while 2 others got in elsewhere. I think most of my classmates could agree that the post-bacc program is just a cash grab for the school and that's basically it. My biggest advice would be that if you want to improve your GPA and get the med school experience, apply to SMP's. They're far more rigorous and you'll actually get a good academic experience. Side note: I was accepted to CUSM's MBS program and wasn't able to go because of how expensive it was, but I honestly regret it. Yea, I was able to boost my GPA here but I really wish I was able to prepare myself for med school through the courses offered.
Thank you for this info! Does anyone else who finished this program agree or disagree w the points made here? I’m trying to decide between the MedSci program at UNTHSC and this post bacc certificate program. If this info helps anyone guide me... I have a high GPA and pretty low MCAT score.

Thank you for this info! Does anyone else who finished this program agree or disagree w the points made here? I’m trying to decide between the MedSci program at UNTHSC and this post bacc certificate program. If this info helps anyone guide me... I have a high GPA and pretty low MCAT score.
Highly advise not coming to this program, I was in the post-bacc too and it's such a waste of time. Could've learned the material on youtube easily. Everything they said above was true. Was fortunate to have had a strong application package before going into this program otherwise it would've not had helped me at all get accepted/interviews to MD schools. Also was accepted to MedSci and regret not going there. It wouldve been worth the tuition over this cash grab program. PM me more for details.

Reactions: 1 user
I HIGHLY recommend the med sci program. It was actually my top choice but I didn't get accepted. The program is highly renowned in the US and actually benefits its students a ton load. Like, you'll come out with the med school experience and it'll actually allow you to grow intellectually and be prepared for professional school. TTUHSC post bacc is nothing but a cash grab and if you can avoid it then PLEASE do