• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

Singh

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2003
Sweden
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hello,
Which textbook would you recommend for ortho surgery? Is it alright to use a general surgery book? If so, which textbook for surgery would you recommend?

Thanks.
Best regards,
Singh.

Kalel

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2004
Metropolis
Visit site
Status
Are you doing an ortho subspecialty rotation as part of your third year general surgery or subspecialty rotation? Or are you going to be doing an ortho sub-i? For the third yr stuff, I think that a general surgery book is sufficient. NMS Surgery has a section on ortho, and I think that surgical recall has a section on orth too.

erinmed2k4

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2003
NY
Visit site
Status
If you are asking about a text for an ortho rotation/sub-I --->

I used this...
Essentials of Orthopedic Surgery
by Editor: Sam W. Wiesel
Editor: John N. Delahay

Binding: Paperback, 2 edition
Publisher: Elsevier Science Health Science div
Published Date: 06/01/1997

It is good for basic orthopedic problems, but you are best off referring to your favorite anatomy text for pimping in the O.R. Some ortho department libraries have good texts on certain surgical approaches that emphasize the muscle origins/insertions, nerves, etc. for specific surgeries.

Hope this helps!

About the Ads