Textbook Recommendations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

temujin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
eHello all,

I will be an incoming PRS independent fellow/resident next year and I'm trying to seek out some advice on textbooks to get. So far the following have been recommended to me and I would appreciate either further input or opinions on the list:

For recon - Reconstructive Surgery by Michael Zenn and Glyn Jones
For aesthetics - The Art of Aesthetic Surgery by Foad Nahai
For hand - Green's Operative Hand Surgery

Any thoughts for Craniofacial and Pediatrics?

I'm much too broke to buy all right now, but want to start out with at least one (thinking Reconstructive Surgery by Zenn & Jones)

I should mention that I did do a search on the topic but did not find a nice, extensive or definitive list

A couple of these books are also available as Kindle Editions? Anyone have any experience with these in particular. I've had Kindle surgery texts, and some are great while some don't really translate well

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Just wait until you get in. Most residencies have some sort of book-sharing between residents. Also synthes website has a system where you can get many of the books for free by completing their courses. Google synthes resident.

Thanks for both replies. Will look at the Synthes Resident and download the pdf.