THANK YOU!!!!! finally over . . .

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

714guy

counting down till 5/2012
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
THANKS A MILLIONS SDNers!!!!!

Well today I took my DAT and I am happy with the results.

PA . . . 21
QR . . . 19
RC . . . 19
BIO . . . 22
GC . . . 23
OC . . . 19
TS . . . 21
AA . . . 20

Practice exams were:
topscore around 17 -18s across
DAT achiever aroun 14-16s across

I am extremely greatful for this forum and its members. The help and info I've gotten from here are priceless. I know these scores aren't like the average SDNers score (23+) but I am happy, and hope they will get me in somewhere.

I started studying around July 7th for about 4-5 hours day at first then steped it up to 6-8 hrs a day. I don't know how i did it but i did it. I was too the point where i was thirsty for knowledge. But about 3 weeks total of studying. I do want to mention that i just finished O chem I and have been TAing for G chem so that stuff is pretty fresh. The only thing I really concentrated on was Bio.

The materials i used were:
- kaplan stuff from the course, never took the course thou
- Campbell for bio
- Chem textbooks
- Topscore - worth the money its only $50 too.
- DAT achiever - Awesome, makes you study twice as hard. also only $50

If I had to pick between Top or DAT, I 'd buy DAT achiever. Everything is harder and the PAT section has awesome Explantions and 3D images where you can rotate the objects. I'd also recommend that you take AS MANY as possible practice exams.

Guys I really just want to thank everyone for their help. My scores would've been a lot lower if it wasn't for your help. But with your help I was able to do well. THANKS ALOT!!!

time to kick off my summer PEACE!!!

Members don't see this ad.

714guy said:

PA . . . 21
QR . . . 19
RC . . . 19
BIO . . . 22
GC . . . 23
OC . . . 19
TS . . . 21
AA . . . 20

Congrats :)

714guy said:
time to kick off my summer PEACE!!!

Enjoy your summer

714guy said:

PA . . . 21
QR . . . 19
RC . . . 19
BIO . . . 22
GC . . . 23
OC . . . 19
TS . . . 21
AA . . . 20

I know these scores aren't like the average SDNers score (23+) but I am happy, and hope they will get me in somewhere.

These are great scores. I would be very happy with them if I were you. Remember, the "SDN average" is inflated compared to the average score of applicants applying to Dental School. Your scores are solid.

Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Guys!!!

I have a tip for those studying. Try to take the last few days before the test to relax and clear your mind. The thursday before my test, I was burnt out. I was in PANIC mode, couldn't understand or comprehend anything. I seriously thought I was going to BOMB the test. Luckily my friends convinced me to go clubbing. The rest of the weekend I studied like an hour max. Sunday I went for a run that really helped alot. Monday came around and I was good to go, mind was all clear and info all settled in.

GOOD LUCK!!! anybody can do it if i can!!

714guy said:
Thanks Guys!!!

I have a tip for those studying. Try to take the last few days before the test to relax and clear your mind. The thursday before my test, I was burnt out. I was in PANIC mode, couldn't understand or comprehend anything. I seriously thought I was going to BOMB the test. Luckily my friends convinced me to go clubbing. The rest of the weekend I studied like an hour max. Sunday I went for a run that really helped alot. Monday came around and I was good to go, mind was all clear and info all settled in.

GOOD LUCK!!! anybody can do it if i can!!

Congrats on your awesome scores! I wish I could do that this Friday!

GREAT. I just finished mine today too. I'm sooo happyyyyyyyyyy.

kittyone16 said:
How was the real PAT compared to the DAT Achiever PAT??

I found everything pretty easy compared to DAT Achiever, EXCEPT for the ANGLE RANKING, it was inpossible!!! I was unsure about almost all of them. The Topend and Origami was almost like topscore or easier surprisingly. I guess I was lucky with that part, b/c alot of others said they were super tough. I know the angles screw my score up though.

714guy said:
don't remember, b/c i didn't even read it just did the word search thing.

word searching? you mean skimming through for key words? or is there a way to do something like ctrl + f ..

ippie said:
what was your reading topic?

Hey Ippie

This is probably the 100th time u've done this.
What's the matter with you??
At least congratulate the guy.
Do u really think if you had all the topics ever used on the DAT it would give u an edge??

Congratulate the OP...
to the OP

CONGRATS!!!!

gameguard said:
word searching? you mean skimming through for key words? or is there a way to do something like ctrl + f ..

Nope...

Hey, congratulations on your scores 714guy! Best of luck to you! :) :thumbup: