thank you letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Garry11

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys

what should a thank you letter include?

i appreciate u're help
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Garry11 said:
hi guys

i appreciate u're help
thanks
This is a template that you will increase the quality of your life.

Date;
Name of the interviewer;
Address of the interviewer;

Dr. Interviewer:
Thank you!
Really!!!
Your name here.

Garry11 said:
hi guys

i appreciate u're help
thanks

It's best that you keep it short and reflect a positive point back on to the person that interviewd you. "Hopefully you have his name" otherwise use the school directory to find his info. including mailing address.

Members don't see this ad :)
i learned alot throughout this entire process :sleep:

Profchaos said:
This is a template that you will increase the quality of your life.

Date;
Name of the interviewer;
Address of the interviewer;

Dr. Interviewer:
Thank you!
Really!!!
Your name here.
I think another thing that is really important to include in your letter is that the school is your number one school(as cheesy as it sounds). Also this is a perfect time to succinctly reiterate your desire to be a dentist and how this paticular school can help you on your path. Keep in mind, these interviewers interview hundreds of people, so they may not necessarily remember everything about you, this is a great way to leave a lasting impression. For example, my thank you letter at a school included my impression of their state of the art Dentsims, I also said something along the lines of, "I am a good student, I know I want to go into the dentistry for I have checked out the field, and I hope that this school can help me on my path of being a good dentist"

If you do a google search for "Thank You Letters" you will find some templates. There is no need to rehash your strong points.

keep it short, mention what you liked about there program, wrap it up. Its is more about keeping your name visible than actual thanking.

Here is one similar to what I sent--->changed a little(made more general/less identifiable): Feel free to use it. I'm in so I don't care no mo :)

Dear Dr Doolittle

I enjoyed the interview and tour on Tuesday, November XX, and wanted to thank you for taking the time to meet with me. I was impressed with the blah blah blah blah blah as well as blah blah blah.

I am committed to pursuing a career in dentistry and I am willing to take any additional steps that you may advise in preparation for dental school. If there are any questions that you may have please contact me.

Thank you for your time. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely yours

Airventus Maximus