Quantcast

Thank You Letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc4kidsva

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hello! I am new to SDN. I know that there are some previous threads about thank you letters post interview, but I can't find them in a search because the words are too common. If someone could please help me in writing a thank you letter to my interviewers it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Robizzle

1K Member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear Dr. _____,
1) Thank them for taking the time out to interview you.
2) Talk about a little something you discussed. Make it personal.
3) Remind them why you think you'd be a good fit for the school.
4) Thanks again! Hope to see you next year!

Sincerely,
Robizzle

4-6 sentences should do it. Hand-written, on a perty piece of thank-you-card stationery.

doc4kidsva

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much!!!!! I greatly appreciate it.

C

Critical Mass

Make sure that the school isn't irritated by you sending them more mail. I've been to a couple of places where I was told specifically not to send one.

PlayMeSomeMusic

Always waiting...
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Make sure that the school isn't irritated by you sending them more mail. I've been to a couple of places where I was told specifically not to send one.

Care to name any of those schools?

eekonomics

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Care to name any of those schools?

UCSF requests that you have no further contact with your interviewers, including thank you notes. In fact, if you want to send a thank you note, you have to send it to the Admissions Office and they place it in a file. I don't think you're allowed to send one via e-mail...