Thank you note - attaching a photo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lazy_gudetama

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
During my interview I discussed a specific case I had seen with my interviewer. I described the photo and I think the interviewer would like to see it based on how I described it. Can I attached an unidentified photo of the case we discussed. It's basically an ultrasound. What are your thoughts?
 
During my interview I discussed a specific case I had seen with my interviewer. I described the photo and I think the interviewer would like to see it based on how I described it. Can I attached an unidentified photo of the case we discussed. It's basically an ultrasound. What are your thoughts?
No, don’t send a photo of a patient’s tests or records, even with no name attached.
Why did you keep a photo of someone's ultrasound? Unless it's yours you have no rights to distribute it
 
Last edited:
During my interview I discussed a specific case I had seen with my interviewer. I described the photo and I think the interviewer would like to see it based on how I described it. Can I attached an unidentified photo of the case we discussed. It's basically an ultrasound. What are your thoughts?

Huh????

Why Would You Do That Ross Geller GIF
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
it was in a case report!!! with consent
First, is this YOUR patient?

Second, did you publish the case report? (I agree with LizzyM: if so, send the DOI/citation.)

Third, was there consent for you to discuss a case in an interview vs. in an open forum? It seems rather unprofessional to benefit from someone else's benevolence (for the advancement of health).
 
First, is this YOUR patient?

Second, did you publish the case report? (I agree with LizzyM: if so, send the DOI/citation.)

Third, was there consent for you to discuss a case in an interview vs. in an open forum? It seems rather unprofessional to benefit from someone else's benevolence (for the advancement of health).
What do you recommend we say when they ask us about a memorable case. Im not benefiting from their benevolence. The relationship I made with the patient over the months had an impact on me
 
Send the citation to the case report, if it means that much to you. That will tell the interviewer more about you and it will either work in your favor or against you. You pay your money and you take your chances.
Thank you for this. After consideration I will not be including this information.
 
I am reminded of an aphorism that a dear mentor of mine, of blessed memory, used to say, "liquor stores have cases, physicians have patients." A relationship should not be boiled down to an MRI that is shared with the curious.
I am going to keep this with me going forward. Thank you
 
What do you recommend we say when they ask us about a memorable case. Im not benefiting from their benevolence. The relationship I made with the patient over the months had an impact on me
It's one thing to answer a question like, "Tell me about a time when you hurt someone." It doesn't mean we want to see the wounds/scars on a follow-up. (@LizzyM 's aphorism is better.)