Thank You Letters: VMRCVM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Karlee83

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All!

So I was wondering who I should be sending Thank You letters to for my interview. I can't remember all of the names of the Doctors who interviewed me, so can I just send a Thank You Note to the Admissions? Or should I send a Thank You email to the Admissions and ask them for my interviewers names? Or is that tacky!!!!!

Please Help!

Karlee

Members don't see this ad.

i think it would be OK to write a letter to the admissions office...i couldn't even tell you the names of the doctors i interviewed with! a letter to the admissions office would say thank you to everyone for their time, but would also make its way to the people that interviewed you.

Hi - do they post their pictures on the vet school faculty website? That helped me out w/ Western "thank you's" b/c I too am not good w/ names especially when I'm really really nervous!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I looked at the pictures but I only found one that looks remotely familiar! I couldn't find the other three! I am sure there names are online but they most likely don't have their pictures posted. Eek!

One interviewer was Dr. Katherine Feldman, the state public health vet. I'm blanking on the other names just now, but remember the titles and faces. I'll try to do some searching/thinking and post again later!

(This is for interviews at CP, not VA.)

if you interviewed at CP, one of the interviewers was Dr. Donald Prater from the FDA.

I interviewed on Feb 5th at VT. I can't remember which interview group I was with. I do remember one interviewer by the name of Dr. Iveta Becvarova. Was anyone else in the same group?

Thanks,
Karlee

Last edited:
I heart Dr. Prater. He's a doll. If you send anyone a note, send it to him.

Our admin is going through a heck of a lot of changes right now and a lot of things are getting busy/lost, so if you havent sent notes, don't fret. They are super busy and certainly wouldn't go "OMG...that one person out of however many hundred that didn't send notes!"

I would send a general email just to the administration, myself. we are pretty laid back here in Sw VA ;)

I think Sponenberg, Lanz, Monroe, and Reardon do interviews too...if that helps anyone

I had an interview at VMRCVM at 10:40 am and for the "HOT" portion I had Dr. Sponenberg and Dr. Pelzer. For the "Cold" interview it was Dr. Tanya LeRoith and Dr. Robertson. This website has their bios, pics, and emails for thank you letters if that helps. Also, FYI if your interview was in the afternoon, you may have had "Mr" Pelzer as he filled in for "Mrs" Pelzer when she fell ill.

BTW is it considered appropriate to send a thank you letter via email rather than traditional mail?

Thanks for all your help SDNers! I've been a user for 2 months now and its been invaluable.

I interviewed on Feb 5th at VT. I can't remember which interview group I was with. I do remember one interviewer by the name of Dr. Iveta Becvarova. Was anyone else in the same group?

Thanks,
Karlee

I was in the same group. I email Mrs. Massie for the interviewers and was given the following names: Dr. Tom Massie (VVMA- I had a hard time finding his email address) and Dr. Michael Reardon were the 'hot' interviewers and Dr. Blair Meldrum and Dr. Iveta Becvarova were the 'cold' interviewers.

i already posted this in the other va-md thread.

just wondering if anyone know who's the male doctor in he cold team this afternoon (tue 2/10). i can't find anyone that looks like him on the website. :(

thanks.