Thank you notes go where?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grit

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi dumb question: where are you sending your thank you notes? I am writing them to the PD and my individual interviewers, but are you all sending them to each of their individual addresses, or just all to the residency office with the hope that they'll distribute them? Not all of my interviewers have business cards and I don't know where to mail a note. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

google.com
http://www.programireallywanttogoto.edu/department/faculty

Or something like that. Usually you can find the address to the division office your interviewer is in and that will work. Only send letters to PDs and APDs to the program office...the coordinators and secretaries are WAY too busy this time of year to be redistributing thank you notes.

Just send them to the residency office and they will get distributed.

Just send them to the residency office and they will get distributed.

Ditto. It doesn't take too long for a coordinator to slide the note into the appropriate mailbox. They do it every day. Or they hand it to the office assitant that does it every day.

Thanks. Anyone else? How have you been handling it?

If the interviewers give me their business cards, I send thank you notes to the address on their cards. If there are no business cards, I send thank you notes to the residency program address. At some of my interviews, we were given an address list for the residents, so I sent thank you notes to the home addresses of the residents who interviewed me. In cases where the residency coordinator goes above & beyond the call of duty (e.g. one residency coordinator gave me a ride to the airport after the interview!), I also send a thank you note to that person.

I know it's a lot of writing, and I can feel some carpal tunnel resurfacing, but it seems like the polite thing to do.