Thank You Notes & Updates

Started by badooda
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

badooda

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was going to email my interviewer thanking her for her time today, and was also going to include some updates on what I have been doing since I submitted my primary and secondary application (forgot to mention these updates during the interview -__- )

Is this a good idea? The updates I tell the interviewer does get passed on to the admissions committee, right?
 
I was going to email my interviewer thanking her for her time today, and was also going to include some updates I have since I last submitted my primaries and secondaries (forgot to mention these updates during the interview -__- )

Is this a good idea? The updates I tell the interviewer does get passed on to the admissions committee, right?

Maybe.

N = 1, but at my school, the attitude of the interviewers varies widely with regard to thank you e-mails. Some see it as a necessity, some don't see them because they ignore them, some are tickled to receive them, and some simply see them as another burdensome piece of e-mail they have to read.

Find out how the school you interviewed at processes updates, and go through those channels.
 
Maybe.

N = 1, but at my school, the attitude of the interviewers varies widely with regard to thank you e-mails. Some see it as a necessity, some don't see them because they ignore them, some are tickled to receive them, and some simply see them as another burdensome piece of e-mail they have to read.

Find out how the school you interviewed at processes updates, and go through those channels.

Overall, I would agree. A thank you note is pretty innocuous, and won't ever really hurt your application. But for some schools, they are pretty expected and there is even a place for you to upload them through the application portal (cough Columbia cough).