Thank you notes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureNSXDent

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who had interviews, did most of you write a thank you note to your interviewes(s)? if so, was it thru mail or email? And also, will it hurt your chances if you didn't write one?
Any feedback is appreciated!

NSXDent

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't write any thank you notes. And no it won't hurt your chances.

I didn't either. Most of the interviews I was there for several days so I went the day after or the day before I left and thanked the main people involved in the process and thanked them in person and mentioned something I will take back with me about the school. I think I got a very positive response. Mark even told me when I went and thanked him: "See you next year, [DesiDentist]."

I talked to Su-Ann Zarrett at NOVA. UPENN i went to the admissions office and thanked all of the assistants (Elsie and Ramona) for putting up with me (I called UPENN the most during application since my file was misplaced) and Corky.

So I felt I didn't have to send thank you cards. But it is nice, but not necessary. The goal is to leave a positive impression, I believe there is no way to leave a better impression than in person.

Good luck,

DesiDentist

Members don't see this ad :)
I wrote a thank you card to the dr i interviewed with, and also one to the secretary (she happened to be really nice and sweet--she even knew my name right away when i got there which i thought was nice)...anyways, i thought it would be nice, plus you cant go wrong with sending one.

I wrote one to Ms. Amy Knowles at NYU. Though she didn't interview me I was told to approach her with any questions I had and that she would ask as a liason between the students and admission committee. Very nice person!