Thank you to this forum!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LoneCoyote

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I wanted to post to thank everyone on here, especially the current pharmacy students, for all the info and support during this admissions process. After many months of uncertainty and indecision, I have finally concluded that medicine is the better career path for me to take. I do not want this to turn into another one of these med v. pharm threads. I was always premed and then had real reservations about it last spring when it came time to apply. That is when I began to explore pharmacy and really came to see it as a good option for me. The past several months have been agonizing since I got into USC so early and was interviewing at both med and pharm programs. When I got into a UC med school I was shocked because I never thought it would happen since my MCAT was not that great.

The past month has been a lot of thinking since both options were now open for me to take. Both career paths have lots of pluses and negatives. But after a lot of thinking, talking to people, and exploring both professions in a variety of settings, I am picking medicine for me. I withdrew from USC today which should free up a spot and I will be pulling my UC applications from consideration. Thank you all of everything. It has been a lot of fun posting in this forum and I hope I can still add something to the discussion and help potential applicants out. I wish you all the best of luck and I will look forward to working with some of you in the future in hospitals, policy, wherever.

:)

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck in medicine. If you feel that strongly about it, your making a good and wise decision. Thank you as well for being caring enough to let another pharmacy student have the spot that you no longer want

Hey good luck in all of your endeavors and congrats on UC Davis Med School! I also look forward to the possibility of working with you in hospitals, etc.!

Members don't see this ad :)
good luck with your career choice!!! :thumbup:

Have fun at Davis =) Funny, as I leave Davis next year, you will start. good luck and bring your snowboards next xmas since the snow is literally a short drive away.

Yeah, enjoy Davis!!! It is a very nice campus, however, i found that the medical school is a little small compared to other big named schools. Davis is highly ranked as one of the top med schools in the nation AND also one of the toughest to get into. Good Job! Take Care!