Thank yous

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bowlofmushypeas

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have thoughts on how terrible is it to not send thank yous? There's a particular program that's actually quite high on my list, but for various reasons, I have not gotten around to sending them yet and it's been over a month so I'm not sure that I'd have anything specific to say at this point. I know people say that it doesn't impact ranking and is more for courtesy, but I feel pretty awful about it since interviewers do take their time to do this for us.. am I just being silly or will this negatively impact matching somehow?

Members don't see this ad.

bump.. anyone? PDs in particular, would love to hear your thoughts since opinions about post-interview contact seem very specialty dependent

I don't have any advice, but have been in the same anxiety-ridden boat about my favorite program... Anyone have any opinions on this?

Yes, Post interview thank you notes is good interview etiquette, a way of demonstrating interest etc. Now that said, many programs interview a lot of candidates, I am not sure if the interviewers would be able to keep up with all the communication either. So do not sweat it too much. You can always send the emails later or right around ROL deadline.