Thanking LoR writers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BamaPsych

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for some ideas on how to thank my letter of reccomendation writers in addition to a thank you card. I feel like they have been extremely enthusiastic about the process of supporting me to achieve my goals, and I don't feel like only a thank you note will suffice.

Does anyone have any ideas? I don't want it to be anything lofty or extreme... I want it to seem sincere and somewhat personal. A ziplock baggie of homemade cookies maybe? Seriously, I need some help brainstorming.

Members don't see this ad.

I gave two of them homemade soap that I designed to suit their favourite colours and scents I thought they'd like. For my advisor my mom made her a quilt which may seem like overkill but she was really more of a mentor than just an advisor.

I've heard that mugs can be good presents? I dunno though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wanted to bump this one more time. Still looking for some thoughtful ideas. Any help appreciated greatly =)

I got Starbucks gift cards for my LOR writers worth $10. One of them, my main advisor, said that they couldn't accept any gifts because it might seem like a means to coerce them to write a good letter. I thought that was weird, especially because I tried to give it to them after they had written it. They even said that I really wasn't even supposed to buy the stamps for the letters they sent. Oh well. The other two accepted the gifts no problem. Go figure.