Thanks SDN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Melary

Melary
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just want to thank SDN contributors for all their contributions. They helped me a lot in studying for part1 as well as preparing for my interview n getting into my favorite college.
Did my part1 in November 10 scored ...91
Physio/ Biochem 80
Gen Anat 78
Dent anat 91
Micro/patho 87

N I got into my fav. college

I just want to say to all those preparing for part 1 ..... it isn't very tough so prepare well n be cool which I wasn't or could have done even better but nothing to complain!!!!! know ur basic concepts well!
I found it very useful to use USMLE kaplan texts for physio, biochem, micro.
For patho I studied the decks n papers n refered back to the USMLE texts. Gen Anat I watched Achland videos.
For dent anat ...I studied the kalpan text, okeson 's first few chapters for TMJ and did refer to wheeler's text. Its a subject which one can really score. It was easy on the boards n direct. Lot of ASDA repitition

Do the decks twice n ASDA papers twice. They are verrrrry important.
Most of all don mug, understand, specially physio biochem.

I wouldn recommend using NBDE Kaplan or the Kaplan question bank.But this could defer from person to person. I graduated in 1999 so for me I had long forgotten physio biochem etc n the USMLE videos were grt, I found the NBDE videos worthless.

The exam wasn tough .....but I was so nervous so don be like me. Bec when ure nervous u can't think properly.

If I could get back to studying after so many years anybody can do it.

Last but not the least pray everyday. God is good n will always do the best in our lifes.

Good luck to all n God Bless.
In turn do share ur experience with others it helps a lot .

Members don't see this ad.

i also want to thank sdn that helped me through my time to get into my favourite school. all the posts by all the people here had helped me a lot.
has been very informative and i will also say this to all the aspiring people out there, just hang in there and try hard , you will definitely make it. good luck everyone:thumbup:

for those who would like to thank SDn with a donation, here is the link:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/payments.php

I hope everyone keeps in touch and puts in thier 2 cents now and then, even after they are done with the admissions / tests etc.

god bless!