thankyou notes?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Srij

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
is it customary to send thankyou notes to your interviewers??
it's been a couple weeks since my first interview- is it too late?
and i should do this from now on??
should i mail it?
email?
i didnt even realize this was protocol!!!

Members don't see this ad.

i sent thank you notes to a few interviewers. some i sent actual thank you cards too and some requested emails (like Upenn).. i sent notes to about half of my interviewers, mostly to schools that were at the top of my list.

i sent thank you notes to a few interviewers. some i sent actual thank you cards too and some requested emails (like Upenn).. i sent notes to about half of my interviewers, mostly to schools that were at the top of my list.
Sorry to hijack, but I love that avatar! That's from Planet Earth, right? Where that guy had to camp out for weeks to get that shot... amazing!

Members don't see this ad :)
So is email the norm or snail mailed thank you card? I thought email would be too impersonal, but then I'm afrad snail mail may never get to the interviewer.

The norm is definitely to look up their number in the faculty directory and drunk dial them a thank you.

In all actuality, a thank you note is going to have less than nothing to do with whether you're going to get in or not, so it really just depends on how far you feel compelled to go for the sake of "propriety." I personally always just sent my notes via email; I figured the admissions office would be happy to have one less stupid piece of paper to sort and make sure it found its way to, and emailing the interviewer directly always leaves open the door to potentially getting a reply.

Sorry to hijack, but I love that avatar! That's from Planet Earth, right? Where that guy had to camp out for weeks to get that shot... amazing!

thank you :) yupp its from planet earth... that bird never ceases cracking me up.:laugh:

hahaha totally! hilarious bird!