That Celebrex commercial is creepy.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Link: http://www.celebrex.com/media/celebrex_hp.swf

After watching it I'm not sure if I should go meditate or become a serial killer. It kind of reminds me of that scene in South Park where they show the turkeys the movie of a beautiful sunset, then buzzsaw their heads off.

Anybody else as disturbed by this as me?

Beyond disturbed. Despite it being the strangest ****ing thing I have ever seen, it is completely and utterly biassed, misleading, and against what actual science has shown.

It is given as a lecture to the general public as if they are supposed to be able to comprehend the bull**** about clinical studies they are spewing for 2+ minutes.

There is a very nice letter that was sent to the commissioner of Food and Drugs requesting that is be taken off the air immediately written by the Health Research Group of Public Citizen. They lay out the absurdities of this commercial one after the other, hopefully the FDA will listen.

http://www.citizen.org/hot_issues/issue.cfm?ID=1577

Man, I didn't know until just now this was a G-rated message board. Interesting.
 
Drug companies manipulate and half truth everything. That's not what gets me...it's just the commercial itself. It's, just....hypnotic. I just wonder what bizarre subliminal messages have been drilled into my head.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Beyond disturbed. Despite it being the strangest ****ing thing I have ever seen, it is completely and utterly biassed, misleading, and against what actual science has shown.

It is given as a lecture to the general public as if they are supposed to be able to comprehend the bull**** about clinical studies they are spewing for 2+ minutes.

There is a very nice letter that was sent to the commissioner of Food and Drugs requesting that is be taken off the air immediately written by the Health Research Group of Public Citizen. They lay out the absurdities of this commercial one after the other, hopefully the FDA will listen.

http://www.citizen.org/hot_issues/issue.cfm?ID=1577

Man, I didn't know until just now this was a G-rated message board. Interesting.

Funny, I thought it was at least PG.:meanie:
 
Drug companies manipulate and half truth everything. That's not what gets me...it's just the commercial itself. It's, just....hypnotic. I just wonder what bizarre subliminal messages have been drilled into my head.

You are right, although I think this particular ad crosses an extra line or three when it comes to manipulation.

But yeah, watching it makes me feel like somehow I may end up joining some COX-2 inhibitor cult if a Pfizer rep cornered me and made me watch this commercial in a dark room several times. I just keep hearing that creepy voice in my head, "Let's dive deeper......" I want to live in that little blue celecoxib world damn it.
 
When I first saw it, it was just a few days after we went over NSAIDs in class. I could understand what they are saying, but I doubt the average person could.
 
Crap, I thought it was an anti-Celebrex commercial until she started talking about Celebrex's benefits outweigh the risks...blah blah blah....

That is one of the most depressing drug commercials I've ever seen.....🙄
 
Yes, this was pretty much creepy. I never thought I'd see "tell your doctor if you have kidney or liver problems" as the tail of a shooting star. I also thought it was an anti-Celebrex commercial there for a while.
 
"it's ok that our product kills people, because there's a chance that every other product might also."
great logic.
 
That'd be a fun commercial to watch while intoxicated. Hmm...I may be on to something here. Drunken drug commercials.