That new TV show, Justified

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MichaelWestin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I guess this is off topic, but every once in awhile people post something they find amusing.

Anyway, it seems like on a lot of TV shows or movies, there is a running gag against dentists being made fun of, or that they are the awkward member of a social group, etc.

The first 3 or 4 minutes to tonights episode of Justified had a bit of a different theme going on, but I found it quite entertaining.

If you can somehow catch it, you should.

Members don't see this ad.

I only saw the first episode, the show just didn't feel fun for me so I stopped watching it. But thats what I also felt when I saw the first ever episode of Sopranoes and ended up LOVING that show after giving it a chance.

Tell us what happen in today's episode

Hahaha "You can rinse now".

I guess this is off topic, but every once in awhile people post something they find amusing.

Anyway, it seems like on a lot of TV shows or movies, there is a running gag against dentists being made fun of, or that they are the awkward member of a social group, etc.

The first 3 or 4 minutes to tonights episode of Justified had a bit of a different theme going on, but I found it quite entertaining.

If you can somehow catch it, you should.

Members don't see this ad :)
Brief synopsis: A former accountant for the mob goes on the lam after stealing money from them. He runs to Panama, gets a dental degree, and somehow comes back to the U.S. and practices dentistry on the fringe of society. He flies under the radar by treating mostly marginalized patients (illegal aliens). After losing his temper with a disgruntled patient who refuses to pay for services rendered, he snatches out gold crowns without anesthetic in the patient's truck in his parking lot to recoup lost wages. This is how the mob and the U.S. Marshalls discover his newly assumed identity as his face is plastered all over CNN...the story goes on from there until he is killed by a mob sniper when he sacrifices his life to save his receptionist girlfriend's and the star's lives on his way to Belize to start a new life.

The kicker is his reasoning for wanting to become a dentist: seeing Herme the Elf in the Rudolph movie right before he was going to turn himself into authorities years earlier.

Well if that was the first episode, I would have watched it! I heard it was going to be good, so I sat through the first 20 min of the premiere and changed the channel out of boredom...

Human Target is a new show that is super entertaining though! And Fringe is awesome too!

PS. I think we need an off-topic thread like this once in a while...most forums have miscellaneous threads, and I know we are not all dentistrydentistrydentistry 24/7 either. :)