That Smelly Smell that Smells Smelly

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Since we are all huge fans of C-diff and the smell of it, let me tell you a funny story.

I was working at a VA hospital in Madison, WI years ago and left a stool sample on the nurses station. It was liquid and looked like Campbell's beef & barley soup. After about ten minutes, I heard yelling. No... screaming! It sounded horrific, and reminded me of combat in Baghdad.

The old screwed-shut plastic cup exploded, covering the nurses station (computers, charts, a crockpot full of chili and a whole pizza) and several nurses with C-diff poo. They were so pissed off. I bet it still stinks over 15 years later.
NOT THE PIZZA AND CHILI!!!
 
Since we are all huge fans of C-diff and the smell of it, let me tell you a funny story.

I was working at a VA hospital in Madison, WI years ago and left a stool sample on the nurses station. It was liquid and looked like Campbell's beef & barley soup. After about ten minutes, I heard yelling. No... screaming! It sounded horrific, and reminded me of combat in Baghdad.

The old screwed-shut plastic cup exploded, covering the nurses station (computers, charts, a crockpot full of chili and a whole pizza) and several nurses with C-diff poo. They were so pissed off. I bet it still stinks over 15 years later.

But how could you tell it was in the chili? o.o
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Liquified brains, hands down.
I worked in a MEs office for a bit before med school and got to smell all the corpse smells, which were many and impressive, and helped me get a good handle on my gag reflex. But the worst so far is cadaver brains where the formaldehyde didn't perfuse and you get soup when you open the skull. I'm a TA in lab and I almost vomit every time I have to help somebody with one of those.