Smash Atoms

2+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2017
Status
Physical Therapy Student
So here we all are, either submitted or on the eve of submitting our applications for DPT schools.
Once you click that submit button your application is LOCKED, and you can't touch a thing. Were my essays good enough? Were my reference letters good enough? Did I write something weird somewhere in my app? Are my GRE scores high enough? Did they notice that F in freshman comp?

Take a deep breath. Nothing you can do now will change that application. Only 2 things will happen moving forward - you will get an interview, or you will get rejection letters.
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Invest your energy into preparing for that possible interview by studying interviewing basics or practicing, or invest a little time and energy into working on coping skills in case of that ever frightening "dear john" from your top choice school.

But no matter what the case, don't burden yourself with the anxiety of overthinking every single part of an application you already submitted. The application is in. You can do absolutely zero to change it at this point. Take a deep breath, wait, and prepare. Everything will be OK.

There are literally 10,000 of us in the exact same boat. Thing may come up, graduation plans, transcript issues, letters of rec, etc... But part of becoming a PT is your ability to handle stressful situations. You got this. One step at a time. Everything will work out.

And of course, as always, I wish you all the best of luck. ;)

Last edited:

drs17

2+ Year Member
May 7, 2017
North Carolina
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
So here we all are, either submitted or on the eve of submitting our applications for DPT schools.
Once you click that submit button your application is LOCKED, and you can't touch a thing. Were my essays good enough? Were my reference letters good enough? Did I write something weird somewhere in my app? Are my GRE scores high enough? Did they notice that F in freshman comp?

Take a deep breath. Nothing you can do now will change that application. Only 2 things will happen moving forward - you will get an interview, or you will get rejection letters.
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Invest your energy into preparing for that possible interview by studying interviewing basics or practicing, or invest a little time and energy into working on coping skills in case of that ever frightening "dear john" from your top choice school.

But no matter what the case, don't burden yourself with the anxiety of overthinking every single part of an application you already submitted. The application is in. You can do absolutely zero to change it at this point. Take a deep breath, wait, and prepare. Everything will be OK.

There are literally 10,000 of us in the exact same boat. Thing may come up, graduation plans, transcript issues, letters of rec, etc... But part of becoming a PT is your ability to handle stressful situations. You got this. One step at a time. Everything will work out.

I needed this!!

Agent007

2+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2016
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy

Ya! Woozah! Its hard not to freak out...

About the Ads