That's right, it's time for another "what schools superscore MCATs?" topic.

Started by Blue Lion
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Blue Lion

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Third time re-applicant, got three interviews last cycle, but was waitlisted and subsequently rejected from these schools.

Only real room for improvements in my application were clinical experience (which I've gotten A LOT of since the pandemic started) and making a small MCAT improvement (was previously at a 506).

Unfortunately, got my scores back today, still a 506. But my subscores from my last attempt were 124/127/128/127, and this time they were...127/127/125/127....

At least this was the highest PChem score I ever got (last two attempts were 125 then 124), but my Bio going down that much is...upsetting.

In my mind, I thought I could potentially go up to a 509-510 as my max, and I -kind of- did that through superscoring.

Thankfully the schools I did interviews at last year superscore, but I am still looking for four schools to apply to. Anyone know what schools superscore?
 
None really for the majority of applicants. Vanderbilt has said they will superscore, but this only makes an impact if your final score will be >519. If this is going to be your fourth time applying, you need to broadly apply to new schools. How many DO schools are you applying to?
 
you have 125 or above in all the sections so that's a positive thing. Apply to DO schools also and if you are really want MD, apply to UQ-Ochsner (504 minimum).

​

​

 
Last edited: