The 08/05/08 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

utjsm08

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thought we should get this thread started!

My name is Jon and I'm a re-taker from May 10th. Was really hoping for a 30+ but ended up with a 29P. PS 12 VR 07 BS 10 . One point on verbal is what is making me retake!!! Good luck to everyone, and lets hope the AAMC gods will be in our favor on test day....bc my May 10th test was hard as hell. :D

Members don't see this ad.

Bump.

Back from the Beach. Checking this site everyday. And school starts Monday.

Crap.

I feel like we're in the dead zone right now, far enough removed from the test and the score release date that there's a strange sense of calm... I can't wait for the stress and anxiety to kick in next week. :rolleyes: How are you guys doing with your applications? I'm about halfway done with my secondaries and hoping to get all but one or two of them done this weekend. Looks like the 7/18 group had a tough go at it, hopefully our score results will be a little more positive.

I'm not even applying this cycle. I can't imagine how much more stressed you guys are than me.

What classes are you guys taking this semester?

Members don't see this ad :)
Biochem I
Biochem I Lab
Analytical Chem
Analytical Chem Lab
Organic Structure Elucidations
Calculus I
Senior Seminar

I think that is enough.

You're taking biochem and analytical as a senior? And Calc I? I assume that's advanced ochem too? What's your major?

As for me my classes this semester are:
Cancer Bio
Food Chemistry (upper division biochem elective)
Immunology
Senior Seminar
Music

Sounds like we are all taking tough classes. maybe that's why we took the MCAT this summer BEFORE school started back up. I am taking:

Neuroanatomy (get to dissect a sheep's brain! :D)
Biochem I
Cell Bio
Developmental psych
O Chem II lab (weird since I am teaching O Chem I lab again this semester)

scores will be released 2 weeks from today :eek:

i hope there's a generous curve in the works

You're taking biochem and analytical as a senior? And Calc I? I assume that's advanced ochem too? What's your major?

I am a non-trad. I already have a degree in Marketing. All I had to take were sciences and a few maths. I am getting a 2nd BS in Biochemistry.

Yes, Elucidations is an advanced Org.

I'm not even applying this cycle. I can't imagine how much more stressed you guys are than me.

What classes are you guys taking this semester?

Hey guys. I'm applying this cycle. The August 5th was actually my retake MCAT date. I took it for the first time on May 23rd and got a 28S which I was very unhappy with.

This is what I'm taking this semester:
Neuroscience
Neuroscience Lab
Theories of Personality
Health Psychology
Immunology
Biometry
Biochemistry of Drug Metabolism
Diabetics & Cranberry Consumption Research Project

I have a major in Biology and a minor in both psychology and biochemistry. I can't wait to graduate!!!! :)

This semester I have

Evolutionary Biology
Physics 2- wish I would have had this BEFORE my MCAT!
Bioethics
History of Science
Biostatistics

I hope our scores come out 2 business days early (i.e. a week from tomorrow), so we can have them on that Friday. I don't know what that would do to our weekends then.

I think the wait is taking a toll on me. Last night I had 4 different dreams with 4 different scores. 23,27,34,38. I had a heart attack on the first two :laugh:. Happy on the third, ecstatic on the fourth one. Oh, I also had a dream that I made a 45 on the test. :D if only it werent a dream.

Members don't see this ad :)
Am I the only one who is not stressing about scores coming out yet? I mean it is a week away, but I am way busier this semester than normal, so I didn't even really think about it at all last week. I hope it comes out Friday though because I have class and teach all day monday.

BAH! I've been having the worst dreams too about the MCAT...hoping for a generous curve on PS =(

i've gone through all the emotions. this is it for me. now or never. i pray to god every day that i did well, and i'm not even religious.

Am I the only one who is not stressing about scores coming out yet? I mean it is a week away, but I am way busier this semester than normal, so I didn't even really think about it at all last week. I hope it comes out Friday though because I have class and teach all day monday.

Im in the same boat- I am so busy that I don't think about it- when that rare second comes that I get time to think- I get a lil nervous- but I know I did what I did and it is out of my hands and in God's from this point on with my applications.

So, anybody having trouble sleeping, in addition to having nightmares? This is undoubtedly the most agonizing Labor Day in history for me.

It's not as much me thinking about it, as it is everyone else. All my family and friends know that I am waiting on my scores and I think I am asked about them 2-5 times per day.

It's not as much me thinking about it, as it is everyone else. All my family and friends know that I am waiting on my scores and I think I am asked about them 2-5 times per day.

i made the mistake of putting that i was taking the mcat on facebook while i was studying....people will not stop askin how i did..it stinks..lol i cant wait till this madness is OVER

i made the mistake of putting that i was taking the mcat on facebook while i was studying....people will not stop askin how i did..it stinks..lol i cant wait till this madness is OVER

Same here, everybody have been asking me how I did and this makes me feel even more anxious. This waiting is pretty bad, but is almost over - one more week to go

i'm still worried about the questions i guessed on/wasn't entirely sure about.

i'm still worried about the questions i guessed on/wasn't entirely sure about.

Same here. I only remember questions I got wrong and I feel like I will be lucky if I get anything above a 30. :( One more week! I am ready to be done with all this worrying.

I have some how managed to quit stressing. I know that unless I have a time machine the questions I missed have already been counted as misses. Also, I trust in my study efforts that I did my best on THIS version of the MCAT. Just relax everyone, let your body recover before the freak out (positive or negative) when we actually see our scores.

I'm just ready for the wait to be over and to move past the MCAT experience. As long as I get a score in the 30s I'll be fine and I'll be able to move along with my applications. I get flashes of angst and confidence, but none of it really matters because it's just really hard to know exactly how I did. Thankfully we only have to wait a few more days.

How are you guys planning on checking your score? Are you just going to look at everything at once? I'm planning on covering up the screen and revealing section by section. I'm not exactly sure what makes me want to prolong the process, but I guess I'd rather go piece by piece than have all the buildup amount to a fraction of a second.

And someone please tell me I'm not the only one who's checking the MCAT THX even though I know there's absolutely no way it will be posted. I think this process is really messing with my sanity, haha.

I'm just ready for the wait to be over and to move past the MCAT experience. As long as I get a score in the 30s I'll be fine and I'll be able to move along with my applications. I get flashes of angst and confidence, but none of it really matters because it's just really hard to know exactly how I did. Thankfully we only have to wait a few more days.

How are you guys planning on checking your score? Are you just going to look at everything at once? I'm planning on covering up the screen and revealing section by section. I'm not exactly sure what makes me want to prolong the process, but I guess I'd rather go piece by piece than have all the buildup amount to a fraction of a second.

And someone please tell me I'm not the only one who's checking the MCAT THX even though I know there's absolutely no way it will be posted. I think this process is really messing with my sanity, haha.

I just check here every so often and see when the scores are up and go and check THX. The score is not going to change so why be so anxious?

Plus, I have a huge exam on Sep 8th and have to focus on it and will be done around 3PM EST. Then, a hour drive to get home.

I hope scores will be up by the time I get home.

Same here J-Dub.

I have to prepare myself and will wait until someone on here says that they are up and then I will go and check.

We are out of school since our school is an evac shelter till tomorrow. So I can spend a little more time thinking about it. Yay.

I checked THX today, but no luck. I am going to probably check tomorrow once and friday maybe 2-3 times, you know just in case by some miracle the scores are up. I have every expectation that they will be up by monday.

Back to studying...

I keep checking THX too, just in case. I had a nightmare I got a 16 last night. hopefully I will be that x2

has anyone here who has their AMCAS submitted to school already checked their scores on your print application tab via AMCAS? Heard from someone here on SDN that the schools get the scores before its posted on Thx and its shown up on the print application tab before its posted on Thx as well. Just wanted to know if this is true.

has anyone here who has their AMCAS submitted to school already checked their scores on your print application tab via AMCAS? Heard from someone here on SDN that the schools get the scores before its posted on Thx and its shown up on the print application tab before its posted on Thx as well. Just wanted to know if this is true.
No, I do not think is true, I have been checking my AMCAS application and the new MCAT score has not been posted there.

Did any of you 8/5 MCATers get an email from AUB?

Check out the 8/7 thread and see what we are discussing....we might can predict your scores a bit.
BUt in order to get an email from them didnt we have to apply to that school?

No you don't have to apply to UAB to get the email. It's possible that there was an option on the MCAT registration that would allow other schools to send info.

That is exactly my point. How can you get an invitation without applying there first.
Exactly, they can only send an invitation to those interested in their program otherwise how can they even have your information? AMCAS only releases your data to the schools you apply to.

BUt in order to get an email from them didnt we have to apply to that school?

I got an invitation too, and I didn't apply to their school. The scores must be completed then if they know mine already, and all that we have to do is wait!

Mine hasn't been posted either...i'm almost positive it isn't true
I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED, WHEN REGISTERING FOR THE MCAT YOU WERE ASKED:

MCAT Recruiting Service*

I hereby authorize the AAMC to release my name, address, age, sex, state of residence, undergraduate major, email address and MCAT scores to those accredited U.S. and Canadian schools of medicine, osteopathy, podiatry, and veterinary medicine, and scholarship programs of the U.S. Government that request the MCAT Recruiting Service. They may send you information about their programs.

Yes No

If yes, please make sure you provided all of the information on your Personal Info and Background tabs.

IF YOU SAID NO, THEN YOU WONT GET AN EMAIL, BUT IF YOU SAID YES THEN YOU WILL.

I just checked for the scores and they are not up. I really don't expect them to be up today, but I am going to check again after I hold my office hours.

OK. the wait is officially over.....for now, at least. it's five min past five and the scores have not been posted on THX, which means we'll likely find out on Monday....

is that true? when i took it before they released our scores on THX at some really random time like midnight or 12:30 or something. that was back in the day before CBT though so I don't really know what I'm talking about, just thought I'd share :oops:

Their office closes at 5 pm EST, but I have seen posts of people saying scores were released a little after 5. There may still be hope, but in like an hour there will be no hope. I mean think about it, if they are almost finished getting our scores posted, then they would likely stay late just to get it done. Just check in an hour maybe, that's what I am going to try to do.

Their office closes at 5 pm EST, but I have seen posts of people saying scores were released a little after 5. There may still be hope, but in like an hour there will be no hope. I mean think about it, if they are almost finished getting our scores posted, then they would likely stay late just to get it done. Just check in an hour maybe, that's what I am going to try to do.

I got my first MCAT score after 6PM EST last year.

But, I do think they have gotten better with releasing scores before 5PM EST and I have yet to see a score come out on a Friday before a Tuesday release date. The "norm" looks like Monday with a Tuesday release date. I think they say Tuesday just in case they have some last minute things they need to wrap up before they release them.

So, start looking Monday around 3PM EST.

I will check again later today, just in case some rogue AAMC employee sneaks back into the office to release our scores. I guess monday is the day then (unless they feel like being mean to us). At least this weekend will have pleanty of college football (and an online test for me).