The 2012 Olympic Thread

Started by Philliab
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah I applied as a UK resident like 2 years ago and got a ticket to day 2 of dressage and xcountry. BEYOND excited. I can't even believe I managed to get tickets!

Omg!!! That is Awesome!!! Be sure to take lots of pictures, AND Share 😀
 
I take it your a runner then?

Yes. I've never done a marathon, and I'll never run a sub-5 minute mile, but I think it's fun to watch people who can.

I rode horses a lot when I was younger--English lessons on the east coast, Western trail rides with family in Kansas--but I stopped doing it for long enough to now be a little apprehensive around horses, and they know it, and... yeah.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah I applied as a UK resident like 2 years ago and got a ticket to day 2 of dressage and xcountry. BEYOND excited. I can't even believe I managed to get tickets!

Super Mondo Jealous! Have an awesome time and please report back!
 
487945_10102140270702203_1979107022_n.jpg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So even though I don't own my OWN gatorness yet... I would just like to say that Ryan Lochte (who is WAAAAY hotter than Michael Phelps!) is a Florida Gator 😛

Agreed.


And Philliab, Phelps is a jerk (or so I've heard from friends who met him or how he's acted at our pool-he used my college's gym frequently), so I think Lochte can talk smack on him all he wants.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Now that i've seen GB...ummm ours may be better. The gold elvis collar? What is that??? 😕

You're killing me! I refuse to look! I'm going to wait patiently until the US decides we should watch it on tv. 😛
 
Yeah I applied as a UK resident like 2 years ago and got a ticket to day 2 of dressage and xcountry. BEYOND excited. I can't even believe I managed to get tickets!

OMG WHAT?!?! SO JEALOUS!!!!



Also, for some freaking unknown reason, the stupid log-in page for NBC's live extra won't load the log-in space and I can't log-in and it will let me on my phone but that is so not cool NBC!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Enjoy everyone!!! Glad it's finally being shown back home! It is an absolutely stunning display. 😍


Off to bed so I can finish packing in the morning!