The 3rd year of med school

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by Greg Nicholson, Sep 2, 2002.

1. Greg Nicholson

Greg Nicholson Junior Member

I just graduated from med school at the University of Virginia and am now a psychiatry intern at UCLA. For anyone who's interested, I have written a novel based loosely on my experiences as a 3rd-year med student. The book is available at:

http://users.starpower.net/lnich/thirdyear

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Centrum

Centrum SMILEY KING

Very cool. I just started reading some of it, and it looks very interesting. Thank you!

4. merlin

merlin Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Wow. I cannot say that I have finished it, but I like what I have read so far. Good work and thanks for the pleasant diversion from studying. Hey, if the psychiatry thing doesn't work, it looks like you can make it as a writer. I really am enjoying it.

5. agent

agent agent, RN

It's great.

6. limit

limit Molesting my inner-child

I started reading the prologue this morning and am half way into the surgey chapter at the moment. So far so good. Very interesting.

Will you attempt to have this published? (I think you should, of course). If so, is this a final draft?

7. Brandon

Brandon Member

This is a pretty cool book. Shows the downside of med school pretty clearly. I don't ppl give this perspective often enough. Mind me asking which med school you attended and of course, what Alex is now doing? This is like a reality show without an ending...

8. SMW

SMW Grand Member

I was glued to my computer for an entire day reading this from start to finish! Great writing. :clap: Thanks for an eye-opening preview. :eek:

9. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Very nice -- reading pieces now and then is a great break from studying. :)

10. Greg Nicholson

Unfortunately I've received too many emails from people about my book to reply to them individually. Just wanted to say thanks for all the positive feedback...and if anybody has any advice or pointers on how to get a book like this published, let me know.

Greg Nicholson

11. Greg Nicholson

Responses to a couple of specific questions people had: the med school I attended was University of Virginia. The Alex character is essentially fictional (somebody asked what he's doing now in real life), although there were a number of people in my class who initially intended to go into surgery but eventually decided the lifestyle was prohibitive. The majority of those people ended up doing radiology.

Thanks again, and keep reading...

Greg Nicholson