The 3rd year of med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Greg Nicholson

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just graduated from med school at the University of Virginia and am now a psychiatry intern at UCLA. For anyone who's interested, I have written a novel based loosely on my experiences as a 3rd-year med student. The book is available at:

http://users.starpower.net/lnich/thirdyear

Members don't see this ad.

Very cool. I just started reading some of it, and it looks very interesting. Thank you!

Wow. I cannot say that I have finished it, but I like what I have read so far. Good work and thanks for the pleasant diversion from studying. Hey, if the psychiatry thing doesn't work, it looks like you can make it as a writer. I really am enjoying it.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's great.

I started reading the prologue this morning and am half way into the surgey chapter at the moment. So far so good. Very interesting.

Will you attempt to have this published? (I think you should, of course). If so, is this a final draft?

This is a pretty cool book. Shows the downside of med school pretty clearly. I don't ppl give this perspective often enough. Mind me asking which med school you attended and of course, what Alex is now doing? This is like a reality show without an ending...

I was glued to my computer for an entire day reading this from start to finish! Great writing. :clap: Thanks for an eye-opening preview. :eek:

Very nice -- reading pieces now and then is a great break from studying. :)

Unfortunately I've received too many emails from people about my book to reply to them individually. Just wanted to say thanks for all the positive feedback...and if anybody has any advice or pointers on how to get a book like this published, let me know.

Greg Nicholson

Responses to a couple of specific questions people had: the med school I attended was University of Virginia. The Alex character is essentially fictional (somebody asked what he's doing now in real life), although there were a number of people in my class who initially intended to go into surgery but eventually decided the lifestyle was prohibitive. The majority of those people ended up doing radiology.

Thanks again, and keep reading...

Greg Nicholson