The 4/4/09 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DMSbound

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, we've got the 3/28 and the 4/18, but no 4/4/08 yet. Anyone else taking it on this date?

Members don't see this ad.

Whats weird is that some of the regulars are missing in action. No word on their scores. It seems that generally speaking, with a couple of exceptions, only people with decent scores are posting. I hope not posting scores does not mean they are crushed about their score. That would suck man. Hopefully they are just celebrating and havent had a chance to post.
We are next guys......
Either in about 7 days we'll be proud and posting ourt scores or nowhere to be found. I hope the former.

No way man .... our test was not easy Jagger. Don't for a second think that. I was getting high scores on almost all practice exams and the go to guy on difficult problems in my Kaplan class and I thought it was hard. I am not tooting my own horn but I was definetly ready. I don't know what I am gonna get but I put my skills in PS and BIO against anyone. Even against the guys that got a 42. What I saw on test day was not easy. I don't care if there is only 10 of us regulars posting versus some 50 people in some other treads. Our test was hard in PS and sure as hell wasn't easy in BIO. Verbal? really can't tell. I said it before but I think considering the time per question the test was hard. If we had all the time in the world w ewould do alot better. But overall I bet you we'll come out ok too.

Last edited:
I hope not posting scores does not mean they are crushed about their score. That would suck man..

I thought about that too actually, I have a couple people in mind from 3/28 who I was waiting to hear about their scores, but haven't seen them post.

I guess all we can do is wish them luck, maybe say a prayer if you roll like that.

Members don't see this ad :)
No way man .... our test was not easy Jagger. Don't for a second think that. I was getting high scores on almost all practice exams

Agreed, especially PS. I had to guess maybe once on AAMC 10 and ended up with a 13, but I feel like I guessed on maybe close to 10 questions on the real thing. Bio was harder also, with some molec bio thrown in (good thing I took it this semester) and random experiment passages that had nothing to do with outside knowledge.

Man... I just want to be done with this shiit. I have no ego man. I just want a decent score that requires no retake. I wanna be done. Thats all I ask for after almost eight months of studying. You know what i am saying?

No way man .... our test was not easy Jagger. Don't for a second think that. I was getting high scores on almost all practice exams and the go to guy on difficult problems in my Kaplan class and I thought it was hard. I am not tooting my own horn but I was definetly ready. I don't know what I am gonna get but I put my skills in PS and BIO against anyone. Even against the guys that got a 42. What I saw on test day was not easy. I don't care if there is only 10 of us regulars posting versus some 50 people in some other treads. Our test was hard in PS and sure as hell wasn't easy in BIO. Verbal? really can't tell. I said it before but I think considering the time per question the test was hard. If we had all the time in the world w ewould do alot better. But overall I bet you we'll come out ok too.

Thanks man. It always helps to hear stuff like this!! I also agree, I want this BS to be done so I can actually focus on finishing college strong, and start applying.

I just hope my VR score doesn't decrease from last time (8), in fact I would love for it to increase to double-digits... I'm scared too because it seems everyone is saying that it was a rather easy verbal section, but VR just doesn't *click* for me

hey guys, I havnt been on for a while. I took the test last september and didn't do so hot (26). This time around, I studied a couple of months and I averaged a 31 on my AAMC practice tests. I was feeling good going into the test, but man it was way harder than any practice test I took. I'm glad to see that most people thought that too. I thought PS was impossible which pisses me off since this is the section I studied the most since I got an 8 last time. I just hope I got higher than my first score......I don't want to take this test again

I thought the verbal section was the most difficult section on the test. The passages were way long and I did not like how the questions were posed... but I'll guess we will find out soon enough. I got a 9 on verbal when I took the test last August and I've been averaging 10's on all of my practice tests... some hopefully I'm just over analyzing my performance and it's not a real indicator of how I actually did.

Agreed. I feel that the BS section was harder because the passage questions did not require a lot of outside knowledge, but rather required interpreting data/graphs and coming up with results in about a minute per question. I don't know what the deal was with PS for me (nerves?) but it just didn't "click" like it did on practice AAMCs (too much guessing). I wonder if that occured because I knew that this was the real deal. I felt really, really good about VR, but I don't know if that was just in comparison to my ****ty performance on PS earlier. I have studied off and on for like 6+ months for this and gave up my entire 4 weeks on winter break to study for this (literally 10-12 hours per day on average). I don't want to study for this beast again, but if I have to I will.

Anyone willing to start predicting their score?

i took the 3/28 and got my results back today. i thought one day i might have gotten a 30, then the next day maybe a 40 if i got super lucky, or maybe a 35 on another day.

avg aamc = 37
actual = 38R

just wanted to provide some comfort for you guys. i think you can pretty much trust your average aamc score, regardless of how you feel, which is what everyone has been basically saying all over this forum. i have yet to see someone post who had a good avg aamc but did really poorly on their actual exam on 3/28

hope all you do well!

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought the verbal section was the most difficult section on the test. The passages were way long and I did not like how the questions were posed... but I'll guess we will find out soon enough. I got a 9 on verbal when I took the test last August and I've been averaging 10's on all of my practice tests... some hopefully I'm just over analyzing my performance and it's not a real indicator of how I actually did.

If I ever said that VR was easy, I meant it only in comparison to VR and PS. It was definitely difficult, and the only reason I thought it was doable was because I had literally done VR passages in CBTs, Kaplan FLs, and Kaplan random tests to the point where I could do the worst test ever still within 60 min and basically have no feelings about it at the end. It was complete autopilot.

My theory as to why 3/28 had many more posts and regulars, etc. is that they were the longest gap between the 1/30 and 1/31 administrations and naturally a lot more people are going to sign up for the first available one. Many people, including myself, are taking Physics II while taking the MCAT so the more exposure you get in that class before taking it the better off you might be. Also, there could have been just a lot more SDNers for that test, and the actual numbers are the same. I don't think our test was easier, just a smaller representative of people on this board saying that is hard.

I'm glad that a lot of the people who took it on 3/28 got scores that I would love to see, so I'm hoping come next week I'll finally be able to breath a sigh of relief and enjoy the upcoming summer.

I've been checking out the posts for awhile (I was also a 4/4 test taker) and I definitely feel the same way as everyone else- I really wish we could skip the next painful week and just know already! Hopefully our scores will be worth the wait...

Cannabis before taking the MCAT????
Not a good idea I don't think.
After you get your score back is a different story !!!!!!

Longest month of my life. True for anyone else?

I just want to rip the band-aid off, for better or worse. :scared:

I know man. This is indeed torture. Every hour seems like 5. Its getting to the point where I can't even focus in lecture anymore. I've got a fat exam next week and I havent been able study at all due to the countdown. Im just trying to get through the weekend. After the weekend judgement day will be upon us fairly quick.

Soo I've been creeping on this thread for a while now, but I figured now would be a good time to finally make a post. I'm in the 4/4 boat as well, and though I was scoring pretty highly on all AAMCs I really feel like I guessed on soooo many more questions on the actual test (especially in Bio, weirdly).

But we're almost done!! I never thought five days would seem like SO LONG haha

Hey guys, I'm right there with you on the painful waiting. I've gotten to where even though I know it won't be there I just check thx anyway. Good luck to everyone!

yeah i don't know why but i find myself randomly going on Thx......i guess i'm working on my strategy for the day the scores come out: once i login, i cross my eyes so that my vision is blurry and then i will slowly focus in.. lol......i'm going crazy but I don't want to open it and just see it right away

LOL.. you got it all planned out.
You know whats funny is that the sam ethought crossed my mind too. We must be loosing it!....LOL

So what do you all think the chances are of having the scores released a day early like AAMC did for the 3/28 test date?

I feel like it's definitely a possibility that we may get scores Monday. I've been trying to plan my reaction for when I open THx for the billionth time and there are actually numbers there. Blur my eyes? Cover the screen? All of the above?

I'm actually counting on them coming out Monday, i'm not sure if I can handle another day of torment. I'm also trying to prepare myself for the absolute worst case scenario so I won't be too devastated if it doesn't turn out as planned...

Yeah, I am pretty sure the score will come out sometime on Monday. I haven't been checking THx like crazy, just tried it out once or twice to make sure that I know how to get there when the release day comes. I might just check this forum instead to see when the scores come out because I am sure some of you guys out there will post something when it comes out.

Now I am deciding on how I should first look at the THx screen when it comes out. I am thinking about just covering the screen and looking at each sectional score individually. Lol......I am deranged...

I'm actually counting on them coming out Monday, i'm not sure if I can handle another day of torment. I'm also trying to prepare myself for the absolute worst case scenario so I won't be too devastated if it doesn't turn out as planned...

3J? Or worse yet: 3X? :eek:

Haha, don't worry, I'm sure you'll be golden! :thumbup:

Yeah, I am pretty sure the score will come out sometime on Monday. I haven't been checking THx like crazy, just tried it out once or twice to make sure that I know how to get there when the release day comes. I might just check this forum instead to see when the scores come out because I am sure some of you guys out there will post something when it comes out.

Now I am deciding on how I should first look at the THx screen when it comes out. I am thinking about just covering the screen and looking at each sectional score individually. Lol......I am deranged...

Yeah, looking at the composite score or even all of the section scores at once is definitely too much of a shock for the senses! :eek:

I'd probably grab a sheet of paper and slide it across the screen so that I don't go into sensory overload! :laugh:

i've been checking thx pretty often ... do we just have to keep checking that or will we get some kind of notification (like an email) that the scores are up? or do we just have to keep obsessing until someone posts here that they're up?

Goddamnit the last 30 days have been agonizing stupid.

I'm feeling a 30-32.

Lower than a 30 I'll probably retake, God forbid.

I've just been repeating to myself: your score does not define you, your score does not define you...

Man... I just want to be done with this shiit. I have no ego man. I just want a decent score that requires no retake. I wanna be done. Thats all I ask for after almost eight months of studying. You know what i am saying?

I feel you...

I might as well chime in on this thread since I took the test on April 4th as well. I studies several months for the test and after taking it I feel like it was a waste. Should've just studied for 2 weeks and been done with it. But then again I wouldn't have "felt" ready enough if I just studied for two weeks. So all in all, I really don't know what to expect. Just waiting on the results.

Last edited:
luckily for the last month i'e been able to forget the mcat, but the last few days have been going so slow! I want a good cinco de mayo!!

Enjoy refreshing THx. lol

I'll come back and join in on the fun with you all Wed night when I look at THx when finals are done - so no, I didn't disappear because of a poor score lol.

I'm going to try and hold off on checking until after my last final on Thursday afternoon. I hope I have the self-discipline to hold off hahaha