The 4/4/09 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DMSbound

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, we've got the 3/28 and the 4/18, but no 4/4/08 yet. Anyone else taking it on this date?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to try and hold off on checking until after my last final on Thursday afternoon. I hope I have the self-discipline to hold off hahaha

willpower... wow

so it's a definite posibility that roughly this time tomorrow we all may be very happy, very sad, or very anxious (b/c they don't release them)

aka this may be our last day of blissful ignorance ha

:laugh: It is.

Good luck everyone. I know we'll all be competing for limited spots in the application process, but good luck and hopefully we all killed it... and then maybe us 4/4'ers can own the applications process :smuggrin:

In all seriousness, best of luck and everyone who put in the effort deserves a good score.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have some busy work to do as in term papers, lab reports, but its only making the wait worse for some reason

Best of luck my fellow 4/4 MCATers. I hope tommorow or Tuesday will be a nice end to a long and at times agonizing few months.
Seriously though.. I wish you all the best!!!

You know I always say you don't need an excuse to drink but its always nice to have one. I think cinco de mayo is gonna be cinco de drunko for almost all of us

Well, today is my 22nd birthday. I got my last final in evolution/ecology in less than 2 hours, and hopefully MCAT scores are released. We'll see what kind of day this turns out to be, good luck everyone!

Is it possible that they might delay our scores? if yes how many days on average could that be?

Members don't see this ad :)
HEY YOU GUYS. GOOD LUCK

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE POST YOUR AAMC AVERAGE SCORES BEFORE YOUR REAL MCAT SCORES!!! that way the rest of us can see how they compare and it's quite useful info. thanks!

Format:

AAMC Average:
PS: 10
VR: 10
BS: 10

Real MCAT:
PS:
VR:
WS:
BS:

Thanks and good luck!!!!!!!!!

AAMC Average
VR: 11.5
PS:12
BS: 13
Comp: 37

ACTUAL:
VR:12
PS:13
BS:14
COMPOSITE :39S
THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!!!

Aamc avg.

Ps: 12.1
vr: 9.9
bs: 11.1
Comp: 33

July 2008 MCAT

Ps: 9
Comp: 29M

4/4 MCAT

ps: 12
vr: 10
bs: 13

35p!!!!

Last edited:
AAMC Average
VR: 10-12
Ps:10-12
BS:10-12

1/31: 28R ( 8 VR, 9 PS, 11 BS with comp problems
Actual:
PS: 11
WS: Q

Improvement, but not by enough. With a 3.4 GPA, do I have a shot at DO/MD schools?

AAMC Average
VR: 10-12
Ps:10-12
BS:10-12

1/31: 28R ( 8 VR, 9 PS, 11 BS with comp problems
Actual:
PS: 11
WS: Q

Improvement, but not by enough. With a 3.4 GPA, do I have a shot at DO/MD schools?

Congrats. Yes, you do. Apply broadly.

AAMC Average
VR: 10.5
PS:10.5
BS: 11.5
Comp: 32.5

ACTUAL:
VR:10
PS:8
BS:11
COMPOSITE :29Q

Is my PS that bad? will i really have to retake this?
****. :(

:(

If I were an adcom, I'd put more emphasis on your BS and VR score. I won't retake if you have a good GPA 3.5+.

okkkkkkkkk here we go:

1st time (Sept 08)
VR:9
BS:9
26N

2nd time (April 09)
VR:9
PS:10
BS:10
29Q

My AAMC average was a 31, but I can't complain. I thought I did horrible. I nearly voided after finishing the PS section...I straight up guessed on like 6 at the end of the test. So people do not void if you are doing well on your practice tests!!

last 4 practice test averages

physics - 12
verbal - 11
bio -11

REAL THING 35R!!

physics 13
verbal - 11
bio - 11

I'M SO PUMPED, I WAS SURE I FAILED THAT TEST

i guess i must have missed a section in the PS.. i know i wasnt sure when i finished it.. this is really bad.. i shouldnt have even taken the damn test.. i got some very bad news the day before..

hmm, I would retake if I were you. I am sure you can do better! an 8 will hurt you. trust me. unless you think youd do worse in your BS and VR or something....otherwise, retake! you can improve your BS too!

AAMC Average
VR: 10.5
PS:10.5
BS: 11.5
Comp: 32.5

ACTUAL:
VR:10
BS:11
COMPOSITE :29Q

****. :(

Is my PS that bad? will i really have to retake this?

AAMC avg: 31

04/04/09
PS: 12
VR: 09
BS: 09
WS: N

Total: 30N

Woohooo I went from a 23O to a 30N. I guess I should be happy.

AAMC average:
PS-10
VR-12
BS-11
Total-33

Actual-
PS-9
VR-11
BS-11
Total-31R

I guess I'm okay with this. I don't really know how to feel. I rocked the essays though.

AAMC average:
PS-10
VR-12
BS-11
Total-33

Actual-
PS-9
VR-11
BS-11
Total-31R

I guess I'm okay with this. I don't really know how to feel. I rocked the essays though.

Dude I know exactly how you feel, I got a 31Q, but I feel like a 32 or 33 would make me ten times happier. But really, everyone I've just talked to has said it's good, so I think we should just shut up and be happy lol.

Laa Illaha Ilaa Allah!

AAMC Averages:

VR: 10.8
PS: 11.2
BS: 11.8

Composite: 33.8

Actual:

VR: 11
PS: 10
BS: 12
WS: O

Composite: 33O

very close to the average as you can see

I am so happy/relieved/blessed, I had so many people rooting for me and praying for me, I had a household jumping for joy

I felt terrible about the PS, but it turned out ok in the end. I know people kept saying you will get your average, but it's such a long wait filled with moments of self-doubt, it is hard to stay positive at all times. If anyone else is waiting on their scores at this moment, just have confidence in your abilities.

Congratulations to everyone else on this forum who did well, some of you got amazing scores. I feel like we are soldiers that went off to war and were able to make it back in one piece. To my companions who got below their averages and are going to retake, you will do even better than your average next time. I would be happy to help anyone on here in anyway I can.

P.S.

Is an O bad for writing sample? lol

omg i just died when i saw that score box! i didn't even know where to look for my numbers haha

average AAMC ~ 35 (12, 10,13)

actual - 35Q (11, 10, 14)

they're right - you really WILL get in your practice range.

Well, I don't know what to say. My BS and VR were right where I wanted them to be, but my PS was as low as my Kaplan Diagnostic and far, FAR lower than any other practice test I had ever taken. I really don't even know what to do. I am out of practice tests (AAMC and Kaplan). Honestly, I need advice from anybody, please. I don't know if I should get more materials, how I will take full length practices, or anything. I seriously don't know if I should bother any more. Any advice please?? PM me or post it here or tell me where I can ask for advice or whatever.

Hi, My nightware was confirmed:

Real MCAT: V:7, P:13, B11, 31R

Practice AAMC: V:9, P:14, B13, 36

I was leaning towards DO schools originally but would the verbal score of 7 kill my chances at DO schools as well? Should I retake the MCAT? I have a 4.0 UGPA and two Masters' of science, six years of research and teaching, normal shadow and clinical experience, please advise as I am desperate.

Well, I don't know what to say. My BS and VR were right where I wanted them to be, but my PS was as low as my Kaplan Diagnostic and far, FAR lower than any other practice test I had ever taken. I really don't even know what to do. I am out of practice tests (AAMC and Kaplan). Honestly, I need advice from anybody, please. I don't know if I should get more materials, how I will take full length practices, or anything. I seriously don't know if I should bother any more. Any advice please?? PM me or post it here or tell me where I can ask for advice or whatever.

Don't give up bro. I went from a 23O (August, 2008) to a 30N (April, 2009), so its doable. To improve in PS, you should do problems from your physics and chemistry text book because the MCAT PS does not test anything beyond that. This advice is from someone who got a 12 in PS two times. Believe in yourself. I know you can do it!:thumbup:

Hi, My nightware was confirmed:

Real MCAT: V:7, P:13, B11, 31R

Practice AAMC: V:9, P:14, B13, 36

I was leaning towards DO schools originally but would the verbal score of 7 kill my chances at DO schools as well? Should I retake the MCAT? I have a 4.0 UGPA and two Masters' of science, six years of research and teaching, normal shadow and clinical experience, please advise as I am desperate.

I did not get into med school (MD) with a 7 in VR, 3.8 GPA and 2 years of research experience. The choice is ultimaltely yours.