The 5/2/09 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Simran1031

Princess of 2014=)
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I officially signed up for the beast yesterday! I am not sure if this group is already created but I thought of starting one! I have started intense content review. and hoping to finish content review by end of feb. then march april i am just going to be working on practice tests! best of luck to everyone out there =)

Members don't see this ad.

still no scores.. guess we'll be dreaming about mcat scores for another night..

i was trying to calculate the ratio between the number of my practice tests and my actual mcat score and according to the ratio i should expect a 33.6 (13 practice tests = first mcat of 23; so 19 practice tests = at least be over 30) :p

i gotta start expecting the worst, im so scared of verbal since it has the power to destroy me for good this time :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
onemcataway... did you take the mcat before and get a crappy verbal? I took it before and got a 8.. this time I'm feeling pretty good but who knows. Who wants to drink with me? :p

i did and it was a scary 4, i would actually be very happy with 8 but i just cant help to think it could be lower!! i had a 23P total, how did you do the first time?

ill drink with you once the scores come out ;)

How many times would you guys consider retaking the mcat or reapplying to med school before deciding for a career change?

I took mine three times and went through two application cycles. I think I wouldve applied another year, but I was pretty much done with the mcat. Its a beast to retake and retake.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't sleep. It feels like the night before the test (I think I fell asleep at about 3:30). Hopefully we don't have to wait to long for scores TODAY!

fustrating.....im sick so i keep falling asleep and dreaming of getting scores back....good luck everyone!!!!!!

I realized I had no more dignity when I found myself checking THx for the fifth or so time this morning. Last time I look until the end of the day.

Eh, whatever. Call me obsessed, but I'll keep refreshing THx every twenty minutes all day:xf:

I'm just studying today, anyway. Might as well stay near the computer and find out, and get all this anxiety out of the way.

That sounds much more feasible.
I can just imagine someone watching a counter to see how many times people have visited the THX site today..
"We're at 200,000 is it time yet?"
"NO! Let them suffer, wait till it hits a million."

Seriously?! Doesn't that seem ridiculously unprofessional? They take over a month to process our scores and then on the promised release date they can't even manage to get the scores out during normal business hours. If any competitive business conducted themselves in such a manner they wouldn't survive. But oh wait, amcas has no competition and can do whatever it wants. Standards? There are none... Gurrrr.

I can't imagine it would be too much after 5 PM. After all, it's not like the people at AAMC are going to work overtime to get us our scores today...let's just hope they don't make us wait as long as the poor August '08 test takers.

That sounds much more feasible.
I can just imagine someone watching a counter to see how many times people have visited the THX site today..
"We're at 200,000 is it time yet?"
"NO! Let them suffer, wait till it hits a million."

:laugh::laugh::thumbup:

How did you get the information from the AAMC rep? Did someone say that to you or did you find that information elsewhere?

Newsflash: That's the standard response -- After 5pm, because that's what it says on the site... It may be earlier than that, as always.

I almost don't want to see em. This has been a great month. Working, taking only Biochem, and hanging out with people on the weekends. If I get it back and did bad, I have to go back into my MCAT cave again :mad:

I almost don't want to see em. This has been a great month. Working, taking only Biochem, and hanging out with people on the weekends. If I get it back and did bad, I have to go back into my MCAT cave again :mad:

AHAHAHA I couldn't agree more. The past month has been tooooo chill.

Hmm let's try to discern some patterns here. Based on previous score releases in which the AAMC was releasing two MCAT dates' scores at once (April of '08 and January of '09), I predict a 4:30 or later EST score release for us. And of course the May 1st-ers will get their's like 10 minutes before us.

Newsflash: That's the standard response -- After 5pm, because that's what it says on the site... It may be earlier than that, as always.

Aren't they based in DC? If this is true, then it should be 5 pm eastern time. Those of us further west should have it "earlier" than 5 pm. :)

We're all on edge, let all play nice :love:

hey eswarts-- Where in Brooklyn are you? What school? Maybe I saw you at the test center near Court Street. :)

Any other New Yorkers here? We should throw a post MCAT score party tonight!

i had two score dreams last night or i should say nightmares first one was a 4/10/13 and second one was 7/7/7 my heart skips a beat each time i check the thx just hope it doesnt stop completely from shocking scores like that :eek:

Last edited:
I'm scared to login to THx.. feels like there could be a monster on that page every second. So, I'm just gonna wait until we know for sure the score is out, so i can be mentally prepared for it. :scared:

wow I am clicking the refresh button on this site way too much. I am barely holding on here! :eek: cruel cruel AAMC