The 9/4/09 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JeetKuneDo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I signed up for it today! Who else is taking it at this date?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
How does a rescore work? I got 34P and P won't cut it. :mad:

If I request a rescore for the writing portion...can schools still see the current MCAT score or does the score completely get pulled until they rescore the writing portion?

Well, re-take here I come. 28O. Not surprised. 10PS/8VR/10BS. Don't feel too good, but soon enough motivation will ensue, and come January I hope to do better.

edit: there are many of you reading this thread, and as always, this is sdn. don't be intimidated by the plethora of scores from the top few %. a 28 is a good score, however i need an excellent mcat score to offset my gpa. for the people getting in the low to mid 30's, i'm not exactly sure what yall are upset about. md/phd programs perhaps? regardless, congrats to those of you who met your goals :)

edit#2: motivation has ensued. lookin forward to january. :)

Last edited:
just curious what score were you looking for? I think you have a great score there!

That's exactly what I thought. Are these people all trying to get into Duke or Johns Hopkins? I would have had a heart attack if I had gotten some of these scores. I will be sitting for the 1/30/09 exam.:mad:

Bah. I think I did bad anyways...this is my second time taking it too.

First was a 27Q (8 PS, 9 VR, 10 BS). That's weird because I feel like I've always been much stronger in PS than BS. I think that's how I did on the 9/4 MCAT. I hope I get into medical school. That would be really great.

I hope I didn't do worse on this one...I was much shorter on time than on my 2008 MCAT. I had about 2 minutes for the last passages of both the VR and BS sections. I pretty much had to guess on them. And I felt pretty bad about the BS. I felt pretty good about the PS.

Hmmmm...I am going to post up my score no matter what I get. I hope I get a 31. I would be content with a 30-31. Anything in the 2X's would disappoint me. A 32 or higher would make me very happy. 15ish hrs or more from now, we'll see...I don't know if I have another MCAT in me if this goes badly.

Here it is:
29N (12 PS, 9 VR, 8 BS)

I am disappointed but not surprised. I don't think I have another MCAT in me. (btw) My GPA is low at a 3.3. Sigh...I don't think I'm gonna be able to get into medical school!

2 p.m. administration here.

My AAMC avgs was 33.8. I was fairly certain I bombed PS, since I had to guess on the last passage due to time constraints. And my guessing strategy went something like, "Hm... C is a pretty letter, I think I'll pick that." Then I had a small anxiety attack during the break before verbal and in the first passage of verbal, thinking about how I guessed on PS. I thought I was done.

34R, pretty much spot on to my AAMC averages, but the whack thing is that the split was 12/11/11. I have never, ever scored above a 10 on a PS section (always 9-10). So glad I'll never need to take that mother f-er again as long as I live. I don't get how it could be, but I'm not arguing.

That was one bastard of a test, and I hope all of you did really well and rocked the toilet test!

Congrats everyone!

not as stellar as y'all, but i'm satisfied...i suppose.

PS 10
VR 10
BS 9
P

I'm in the same boat - 29S (PS: 9/VR: 10/BS: 10). I'm really disappointed -- it was lower than my average by a couple of points. I'm looking to January for a retake. Are you going to?

Here it is:
29N (12 PS, 9 VR, 8 BS)

I am disappointed but not surprised. I don't think I have another MCAT in me. (btw) My GPA is low at a 3.3. Sigh...I don't think I'm gonna be able to get into medical school!

You need to go the DO route. Not much difference, you'll still be a doctor, same pay, same specialty options. Its not as much where you go to med school that counts as much as board scores and where you do your residency.:)

Not happy... really wanted to break a 30 but I slacked in the weeks leading up to the exam.

PS 8
VR 9
BS 10
WS O
Total: 27O

It meets requirements for the school I want to go to, and my EC's are really good and diverse, GPA is good, so hopefully that will offset the mark because I do NOT want to rewrite.

Congrats to everyone who survived!

Im so happy!
My last score from two years ago was a 26Q VR10 PS8 BS 8. Writing was definitely way better last time; but I didnt care this time..I used the writing part as my break
This time 33O VR 10 PS 11 BS 12!!!!
My highest AAMC was a 32, so I am soooo happy!!
rest in peace MCAT!

For all those who need to retake; You got this. Get the resources, dedicate the time and IT WILL COME.
Best of luck and congrats everyone!!

Hmm....should I retake? It seems like I'm on the borderline.

UC Berkeley:
34Q
BCPM: 3.8
Overall: 3.7

Looking to go into a UC, such as UCLA, UCSD or UCSF.

Hmm....should I retake? It seems like I'm on the borderline.

UC Berkeley:
34Q
BCPM: 3.8
Overall: 3.7

Looking to go into a UC, such as UCLA, UCSD or UCSF.

I have your exact score, and a much lower GPA and I have an interview at a UC, but none of those you mentioned. I think LA and SD screened me out of the secondary. I didn't apply to UCSF though. I imagine you would have a good shot at those you mentioned depending on the rest of your app. You are right at their averages, and slightly above UCD and UCI. In other words, I wouldn't risk a retake.

I'm in the same boat - 29S (PS: 9/VR: 10/BS: 10). I'm really disappointed -- it was lower than my average by a couple of points. I'm looking to January for a retake. Are you going to?

man, you could be me. i was scoring in the 31-35 range on the aamc tests, so i am kind of dissappointed. its almost like getting an 89 on a test...soooo close :mad: though, both of our scores are pretty balanced, so i probably won't retake.

I'm happy. Not a great score, but July 2nd made a 28O: PS13/BS10/VR5. Now 29Q PS11/BS10/VR8. May not be a 33+, but I'm feeling good. 3.8 GPA and great extracurricular activities, I feel confident I'm getting in where I want.

precipitate: Man haha, you are me! Unfortunately, 89s have come to be the story of my life. I think I'm going to try to kick this test's ass one more time.

Got a 33R (12 P, 11 V, 10 B). Knew the bio section was rough but figured there would be a steep curve there but guess not. Had a 34 AAMC average with a strong upwards trend towards the end (Got 36,35,36,36 on AAMCs 7-10).

Not disappointed in the least but was hoping to have a score competitive for top 20 type schools (UPenn, Pitt, Ohio State, U Chicago, UCLA) and not sure if this score cuts it. Well, we're done guys and I hope all of you are satisfied with what you got.:)

24Q third time (6vr 8ps 10 bs)
24O second time (6vr 10ps 8bs)
28P first time (8vr 11ps 9bs)

I hope to retake again in Jan '10. Basically this puts me out of early applying to EVMS SMP program. I know why my ps was low.. i underestimated the time and slowed down thinking i had more time. I left 3 blanks on last part, plus rushed a passage. The verbal I thought I would have done better, more easier to read passages, but obviously not enough.

39R (14PS 11VR 14BS)

...very surprised considering I walked out of there feeling like it was a disaster, a little uneasy about the uneven scores but overall, I'm extremely happy. In fact, I almost broke my bed jumping on it when I found out.

My AAMC practice exams were something like 36,38,38,35,38,39,40, so I guess I'm right there in my range.

I hope everyone else is happy or at least satisfied with how things turned out.

34Q(VR:11 PS:12 B:11)

I guess the score is ok, it's below my practice exams but not by much. I don't want to sound like a douche, crying about a good score, but I was really had hopes for an outstanding score(37-38). Meh, at least the MCAT nightmare is over.