The 9/4/09 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JeetKuneDo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I signed up for it today! Who else is taking it at this date?

Members don't see this ad.

I did not find this site until after I took the MCAT and was frantically searching for a discussion about our test day. I have been reading it since.I took 2 pm test and thought it was so hard...much harder than any practice test. I am freaking out waiting for my score. Why is it a whole month ? Reading what everyone else wrote has really made me feel better though. So thanks to all and hopefully we did way better than expected. Do they ever post the scores early ?

Believe me, we're all wondering why they impose this 30 day waiting game on us... but alas there is no good answer. It's just the AAMC being the AAMC.

Anyways, score release isn't too far off. I think my test scores (9/3) will be released the same day as yours. SO unfair how I have to wait an extra day. :D

And yes, once in a while they do release scores early, although I wouldn't count on it. We'll all be hitting the refresh button incessantly though, so it doesn't really matter when they come out. ;)

I just determined that we are all in an unfortunate predicament. Our test was murder and curve will work against us. Take a look at the August 21st thread… I took that test but I was so sick that day; I just had to void it. But all I have to say that it was easiest test I've ever seen. Physics was a joke- I even finished 10 minutes early and you didn't have to read any of the passages and you still could have gotten all the questions right (so stupid). The bio section had your typical physiology questions and the verbal was verbal. I had to void it because I can't do verbal when head is fogged up and when my nose is running. Personally, everything went wrong that day- but the test was easy.

I made myself feel better- by saying they will probably have a harsher curve. However, now that they got there scores back everyone seemed to do much better on the real test then the AAMC exams. Three on my friends took the test that day and they all scored significantly better on the real thing then their AAMC average. So where is this curve??? And furthermore, when I took my July second mcat where was my verbal curve.On July second the verbal was more difficult then usually and I went down tons of points from my average (its as if there was no curve)- I did much worse on the real deal verbal then my diagnostic….. But what scares me most is that our mcat was harder then both the July 2nd test and the August 21st test!!!!!!!! ….this means I'm in trouble…. =(
I feel your pain. its not fair that some tests are harder than others especially as no one really knows how the so called "curve" works. The 9/4 test was terrible. I mean even if each passage has been previously tested b4 as people suggested and then a curve was made based on those individual passages, how can they possibly determine how students will perform if there are a bunch of hard passages brought together and administered in one test whereas when the curve was made some of those hard passages were mixed with easier passages enabling previous students to finish the section on time and do well in both the easy and hard ones while we get all hard ones that took us forever to finish??

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel your pain. its not fair that some tests are harder than others especially as no one really knows how the so called "curve" works. The 9/4 test was terrible. I mean even if each passage has been previously tested b4 as people suggested and then a curve was made based on those individual passages, how can they possibly determine how students will perform if there are a bunch of hard passages brought together and administered in one test whereas when the curve was made some of those hard passages were mixed with easier passages enabling previous students to finish the section on time and do well in both the easy and hard ones while we get all hard ones that took us forever to finish??
:laugh::laugh:

The 9/4 test was a joke. I just want to push my eyes in! A friend I go to school with took his test around a week before me and he just got his scores back and he did well. Not to sound bad but I figured by the way he is by his grades and study habbits he wasent going to do as well as he actually did-to sum it up Im sure he did better than me. I want to go hid in a hole...:laugh:

Hey guys

I know it's early but what does your MCAT THx say when you login?

Mine has my name, ID and then:

Scores for the July 2nd, 2009 exams are available. MCAT Scores

You have no scores yet.

Scores are available way beyond July 2nd... why does mine say that? Should it show that I wrote the exam? Am I just incredibly anxious?

I've been meaning to post on that test date.

I took the 2PM time. It's weird.

I averaged 30 on my last AAMC's....I feel as if the ones I took were not representative of what I was given on the actual test date. The biological section was extremely difficult, I always finished 15 minutes early and averaged a 10 on it, I feel as if I got like a 7 on the actual test date and finished barely on time. Had to take guesses on a bunch of questions as well.
Not many fact-based/textual questions, a lot of analytical and reading.

I walked out of the test feeling as if I didnt even get a 25 on my test.

I'm extremely worried, the test was hard.

I also took the august 14 test which I had to void because I was sick. The august 14th test was excruciatingly easier than the sept 4th test.

Well, we're up next... A little over a week remaining. Thankfully school has been keeping me pretty busy.

Hey guys

I know it's early but what does your MCAT THx say when you login?

Mine has my name, ID and then:

Scores for the July 2nd, 2009 exams are available. MCAT Scores

You have no scores yet.

Scores are available way beyond July 2nd... why does mine say that? Should it show that I wrote the exam? Am I just incredibly anxious?

They take forever to update the banner. When I got my last scores in May it was still saying January scores were just released.

How often are scores released earlier?

AAMC only gives tentative dates.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been trying out various permutations and combinations to see how many I can get wrong and still get a good score lol. Ahhh this is not healthy! I just wanna get this over with (AM tester)

I have a problem- I have a test on Oct 6 and a test on Oct 7...

should I bother checking my score on the 6th or should I try to wait until after my other test (which I will be cramming for) to check?

I don't wanna check and be too sad to study but I also don't wanna do NOTHING BUT think about my possible mcat score ...

;(

I was looking at some of the threads for other MCAT dates and they are talking about what schools they most want to go to and their plans for the year. Everyone on our thread is complaining about how hard the test was and how worried they are about it LOL. Either we got off track and stressed each other out more than normal or our test was the worst the AAMC has put out in a while.

Just for the record I took the PM test and felt that it was significantly harder than my practice tests and had some unusual questions especially in PS.

Good luck to everybody. Only a short time left to wait!

I have a problem- I have a test on Oct 6 and a test on Oct 7...

should I bother checking my score on the 6th or should I try to wait until after my other test (which I will be cramming for) to check?

I don't wanna check and be too sad to study but I also don't wanna do NOTHING BUT think about my possible mcat score ...

;(

i think you should check the day after if ur really scared you might freak out.

I was looking at some of the threads for other MCAT dates and they are talking about what schools they most want to go to and their plans for the year. Everyone on our thread is complaining about how hard the test was and how worried they are about it LOL. Either we got off track and stressed each other out more than normal or our test was the worst the AAMC has put out in a while.

Just for the record I took the PM test and felt that it was significantly harder than my practice tests and had some unusual questions especially in PS.

Good luck to everybody. Only a short time left to wait!

Well, that's mainly because every other test date has their scores already and we're still waiting ;)

Well, that's mainly because every other test date has their scores already and we're still waiting ;)

Haha, that is an excellent point (no sarcasm), but check out the 9/12/09 thread. They're posting comedy and don't seem nearly as worried as most of us seem to be. Hopefully the fact we're all "stressed" will translate to a monster curve.

I've been pretty well relaxed the past few weeks since I took my MCAT. Now that the test date is arriving, I'm feeling more and more anxious. Actually, I think the feeling I have is fear. I spent 3.5 months in the summer doing nothing BUT the MCAT. I can't bear to have a retake. What scares me the most is that I screwed up on a lot of questions in the physics section, and I can pretty much count what I got wrong.
I just really hope that I didn't get anything else wrong on that section....

Good luck to everyone else who is coping with this.

Haha, that is an excellent point (no sarcasm), but check out the 9/12/09 thread. They're posting comedy and don't seem nearly as worried as most of us seem to be. Hopefully the fact we're all "stressed" will translate to a monster curve.

... or maybe we're all just not as smart as everybody else :cool:

Well there's no real "curve", and I haven't looked at 9/12 to see what their thoughts were, but based on prior precedent the thread in the exam pair more freaked out about difficulty seemed to do better (ex- two dates in Jan, early July).

and I haven't looked at 9/12 to see what their thoughts were

Um...have u been stalking us? Lol. Just kidding

I really envy y'all right now since y'all are a week ahead of us in getting the scores back. Good luck though, I'm sure the curve will be nice since that test was pretty brutal.

We should all get this t shirt:

mcat_survivor_tshirt-p235499860076353964t5j0_210.jpg

I like that shirt too!! Hopefully we'll all have 30s or above!! :xf:Is everyone applying this cycle? I've submitted most of my secondaries but I'm hoping taking the mcat again so late doesn't hurt me too much:scared:

Can someone help me please?
I took physics many years ago and I am having a tough time studying the physics section for the mcat. People on this site suggest to use the Berkley Review physics books because they are more detail oriented. Can anyone give me the ISBN# for these books so I can buy them online. Thanks...

Can someone help me please?
I took physics many years ago and I am having a tough time studying the physics section for the mcat. People on this site suggest to use the Berkley Review physics books because they are more detail oriented. Can anyone give me the ISBN# for these books so I can buy them online. Thanks...

I'm not sure why you need the ISBN#. Google is your friend. If you google "Berkeley Review physics book" it is the first thing that comes up. Or you can click the link below since I already did it for you.

http://www.berkeley-review.com/TBR/home-study.html

I'm not sure why you need the ISBN#. Google is your friend. If you google "Berkeley Review physics book" it is the first thing that comes up. Or you can click the link below since I already did it for you.

http://www.berkeley-review.com/TBR/home-study.html
I did that already. I dont wanna pay $50 for each book. I wanna buy them used. Dont have that kind of money now. Thanks anyway...

I wish we could get the scores today, since I'm driving down to my undergrad's homecoming, and could have a double the celebration (hopefully), but I'm afraid to check Score Hx!

I wish we could get the scores today, since I'm driving down to my undergrad's homecoming, and could have a double the celebration (hopefully), but I'm afraid to check Score Hx!

well, not up yet. boo - its been four weeks. Is there really a difference between 28 days and 30 business days or whatever. Come on, its been a month.

Its only hours away!

With the way I feel about the test Im going to make a 'custom mcat' shirt that says-

" I got a 20 on the MCAT...Im only smarter than 5% of those who took the test."

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ugh seriously though.

I wonder if they'll come out Tuesday, or if we will get them a day earlier on Monday? Hmmm...

Have they typically been releasing them early? I don't want to get my hopes up. :p

so i haven't been feeling all panicky or like I cannot wait for the score to come out or anything.. but there's been this subtle feeling lingering around whenever I think about the MCAT and it's not a good feeling. I really think I'll be signing up for January..

I'm not too depressed about it or anything.. just gotta do what you gotta do. Not the end of the world if you do bad. If you want something bad enough, then one bad score can't stop you from achieving your goals.

With that said, hope most of us will be out celebrating our MCAT scores. But I'm seriously going to need a miracle... I feel like I got a 6 in verbal (though I've avg'd about an 8-10 on the latest few practice tests I took) and about an 8 in both PS & BS. I didn't even finish the writing sections so I'm not sure how they look at that.

On the bright side, if I do have to retake, I'm taking classes this semester that will most definitely help me own the BS section. Taking nucleic acids, cell biochem, clinical biochem.

Hang in there everyone.. and remember, it's not the end of the world if you do terrible. If you want, welcome yourself to self pity for a few days... but after that, it's time to get your ass in gear and start makin a plan for your next mcat.