The Alternate List at UCI

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So guys, I thought I would just shed some light on what happens with the Alternate list at UCI. The following is straight from the mouth of Gayle herself:

1) Like everyone has said, waitlist movement will not happen until mid-May to June. She said that there has been no movement thus far and we will just have to wait it out.

2) The waitlist is not ranked, and the alternates are not placed in any specific order. Instead, the alternate list files are re-reviewed and only then is it determined that Alternate status will change to accepted status.

It's not much, but that's all I remember right now. If I remember more, I will let you all know. Good luck, you guys!!

Members don't see this ad.

when i asked her, she said, "its not ranked. well there has to be some order, some are at the top, but its not ranked."

i think that after May, it will in fact be ranked.

Originally posted by docmemi
when i asked her, she said, "its not ranked. well there has to be some order, some are at the top, but its not ranked."

i think that after May, it will in fact be ranked.

Holy Crap! Maybe she was just trying to break my fall!! I wish you didn't post that. Can you erase that post?

P.S. Are you going to LA over UCI?

Members don't see this ad :)
no dont worry, more or less she said its not ranked. shes pretty honest and helpful. anyway, it seems like there is a lot of waitlist mvmt...several of the students that day told me they got off the waitlist.

im going to la like 99%. im waiting post interview at usc and uci. if i get on the usc waitlist, ill stay on it. but at uci, i probably wont. i made the mistake of not applying to a lot of places and so i feel kind of uncomfortable with just one acceptance...call me paranoid if you will.

Thanks AID for posting the info. She told me the exact same thing about 2 weeks ago. So it is good to see consitency.

I thought I would add on what she told me about PRIME-LC if anyone else out there is on the alternate list and also a PRIME-LC applicant. Pretty much since it is the first year they are not sure how many people they have offered PRIME-LC spots to will take them. Right now they have filled the PRIME-LC program with offers to people and anyone who interviews for it now will be interviewing for the waitlist spots. People on the alternate list now may or may not have a chance at a PRIME-LC spot, it just depends how many people accept or not. You cannot be considered for PRIME-LC until you are accepted off the alternate list for MD admissions. She said since it is the first year she could not offer anything more concrete than that but just to wait and see what happens. I am thinking the chances are really not too good for PRIME-LC but I figure it is worth staying on the list and seeing what happens.

Originally posted by docmemi

im going to la like 99%. im waiting post interview at usc and uci. if i get on the usc waitlist, ill stay on it. but at uci, i probably wont. i made the mistake of not applying to a lot of places and so i feel kind of uncomfortable with just one acceptance...call me paranoid if you will.

Good luck--hope you get into usc!