The APA & EDMR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
mines a welfare queen and won't change his own diaper- relying on the system instead. Not a single self diaper change in 8 weeks!!

Weaponized incompetence.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with all that, and also, we don't know mechanisms. the Studies on trauma are open to this, most fail to study domains despite their differences in treatment effectiveness, and a lack of control for other explainable factors / dismantling studies. CPT for instance, differentially impacts the vatious clusters. I hate the whole 'tier one treatment' when we can't indicate what part of treatment works, or that it works better than others (relative efficacy) when people pick what they want for services (efficacy). EMDR gets picked on because of its prior dismantling studies and magic eye movement, but even the creator has noted the less important part of that component in some papers.

I feel like we need to stop acting like we can rank order processes we don't understand. I don't like emdr, but it's not the real problem. the issues present in it are present in all studies and we lack an ability as a field to set evidence based barriers effectively (see d12 recent workgroup statement by the Tolin group re application for EST- this full thing may not be public i dont recall )
Well said.

Check out Hayes argument in his latest pre-pub article on pages 9 - 11

Reactions: 1 users