The application process

Started by Fesulus
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Fesulus

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello I am an IMG.
I will be applying for residency this year with ERAS, and I want to do radiology.
In terms of the application process - Do I apply for PGY1 this year and then go through the application process again, to radiology residency programs, next year?
Or can I apply in this year's matching program for both a transitional year (commencing 2007) and a radiology residency (which would then commence in 2008)?
Are there any programs out there that offer a 5yr radiology program that already incorporates a 1 year preliminary position?
Many thanks
 
Fesulus said:
Hello I am an IMG.
Or can I apply in this year's matching program for both a transitional year (commencing 2007) and a radiology residency (which would then commence in 2008)?
Are there any programs out there that offer a 5yr radiology program that already incorporates a 1 year preliminary position?
Many thanks

Yes.

Yes. Check the program's web site and you will find those that offer a transitional year and a rad residency.