The ASAPAC on Politico.com

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ProRealDoc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif]POLITICO Says ASAPAC is Top PAC in 2010 Election Cycle

The widely read Capitol Hill newspaper, POLITICO, reported this week that ASAPAC was the health industry's top PAC in identifying winning candidates in competitive congressional districts. The report, developed in collaboration with Kaiser Health News, found that ASAPAC topped all other health-related political action funds including the American Medical Association and the American Hospital Association by winning percentage in the nation's most hotly contested congressional races. Jeff Mueller, M.D., Chair of the ASAPAC Executive Committee, is featured in the report emphasizing the local involvement of ASAPAC members in the decision-making process. The full news story can be found at politico.com and a chart with the results of their analysis can be found at kaiserhealthnews.org.

Health PAC Giving: A Report Card On The Tightest Races

TOPICS: POLITICS, HEALTH REFORM, MARKETPLACE

NOV 17, 2010

HealthPAC512.jpg

The nonprofit Center for Responsive Politics provided Kaiser Health News with a list of the 20 health-sector political action committees that had contributed the most money to federal candidates and committees as of Oct. 25, the most recent Federal Election Commission data available. (PACs are required to report additional data by Dec. 2.)
KHN analyzed those 20 PACs’ direct contributions to individual candidates in the 94 most competitive congressional races—those rated "toss-up" or "leaning" towards a particular party by CQ Politics—to determine the PACs’ win-loss records. Three of those races have yet to be decided and weren’t tabulated for win-loss purposes. The analysis did not take into account other PAC spending or contributions to candidates in less competitive races.
To reflect the fuller scope of the PACs’ giving, the graphic provides the total amount of their direct contributions in all federal races, not just the most competitive.

Members don't see this ad.

Interesting - I don't see the AANA anywhere on that list, and I think they have a pretty substantial PAC, so I can only assume that they would have ranked even lower on the list.

I am curious as to their batting average as listed above, or where they are sending their donations if not directly to candidates.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting - I don't see the AANA anywhere on that list, and I think they have a pretty substantial PAC, so I can only assume that they would have ranked even lower on the list.

You wouldn't expect them to be as good as anesthesiologists, would you? :D

Great, give them another chance to whine and play the victim.