The barbaric confusion..help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wanted waste

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, well im in the prepharmacy program and my dad chose it for me, saying it suited me... the thing is ive been slacking off with all the classes and i just personally hate college and find it really boring... im failing chemistry 3 (general chem i think) and im just depressed, i want to cry. This whole college bs is freaking me out, i keep having thoughts i never had before like what am i gonna do with my life, leqving my parents and like just having to depend on myself... my mom always did things for me.. anyway im just fed up and even after a semester, i have no clue if i want to continue.. i personally dont want to be a pharmacist but my mom said do it for me. I kind of want to do a bit of everything.. can anybody just share some experience on this, im a trainwreck, a stressed out one at that... i thought about doing psychology but ehh.. didnt really like it in high school... sometimes I wonder why im the way i am.. i hate college, ****ing hate it. Id rather be a celebrity and make millions, of course that will never ****ing happen! And because i supposedly cant drop chem 3, it may be on my record, im stressed out like come on, i feel like my life is just being wasted and i dont know what to do anymore... i wish i could die in my sleep so i wouldnt have to face reality anymore, i hate this fake human community where people expect you to know what you want in life wtf!! Anywho... any insight on prepharm students switching or even dropping out.. my dad called me a failure and suggested i transfer to another college, but even that wont happen as im frozen on what to do exactly. I keep checking out different majors and everything seems boring.. you have to memorize, memorize, MEMORIZE,, like damn wth.., im 18 btw. I guess overall i want an okay salary and a not too boring major... yup... apparently that doesnt exist.. but yeah any help would be appreciated, post legit stuff thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Drop out of college and work for a few years. There is no point in wasting anyone's time and money and especially not your's. Work in customer service, that should set your head straight. I say this to your benefit, not trying to be sarcastic or mean. When parents do everything, you never have any room for personal growth. For someone like you, you have to learn the hard way. I used to be like you at your age except I never failed anything, just stuck to doing what was expected of me. I wish I had asked this question on a forum ten years ago, my life might have turned out differently. Oh well...you live and learn, I suppose.

Good luck. Oh and if there is an advisor/career counselor at your college, please seek some advice from them as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for your help Trishna, it was good advice. About the customer service thing, ill make sure to get a job in that and also continue going to college if i can, good luck to you too and hey, youre helping other people so what happened to you was never a waste if you're willing to share it. Have a good one ☺