The CHEAPEST pharmacy school is....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We definitely pay a premium to live in California - high cost of living / relatively high taxes :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah but Florida oranges are still > than California oranges. lol joking! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
We definitely pay a premium to live in California - high cost of living / relatively high taxes :eek:

Pfft. Property taxes are almost nothing in Cali. only 0.61% or so... and the income tax is in the mid 3's.

Take NJ on the other hand, 1.7ish% property tax and 7+% income tax plus cold hard winters and hot humid summers.

Sure the housing prices vary a bit from coast to coast ... in NJ where I lived, houses currently cost from 700k-1.5m. In Cali it ranges from 1.5-3m. You still end up paying more in property taxes and income tax in NJ than CA :mad:

When I grow up I want to live in NH...... they have no sales tax and a pretty low prop. tax......oh the life.

jk

i hate the cold.

When I grow up I want to live in NH...... they have no sales tax and a pretty low prop. tax......oh the life.

jk

i hate the cold.

:laugh: I prefer cold weather to the hot weather we have sometimes.

jk

i hate the cold.

AZ -> NH :eek:. Try not to shock your system lol... try AZ -> FL -> NH. Then you can get used to humidity first :p

AZ -> NH :eek:. Try not to shock your system lol... try AZ -> FL -> NH. Then you can get used to humidity first :p
i know how bad it is,i lived in boston for 5 years.... then one day my mom and i decided to finally get the hell out of there and come BACK to the west coast!

crazybob said:
I prefer cold weather to the hot weather we have sometimes.

oh booo you!

:laugh: I prefer cold weather to the hot weather we have sometimes.

I don't like the heat either... I prefer 30-50 degrees. I like snow sometimes. I am SO weird for a Floridian.

I want to live in central/north Florida or outside the city in Georgia when I'm older. The weather is great and it's way cheaper than south Florida or California.

mmmm san diego...the temperature range is seriously like 65-75 constantly... maybe a 5 degree shift up/down for summer/winter.

I LOVE the cold. After pharmacy school, if I land a job at the company I work for, I would live in Rochester, Minn :xf:...I love the snow.

Or, I would live somewhere on the east coast...maybe Virginia or Connecticut or Rhode Island. I don't like the west coast that much.

I LOVE the cold. After pharmacy school, if I land a job at the company I work for, I would live in Rochester, Minn :xf:...I love the snow.

Or, I would live somewhere on the east coast...maybe Virginia or Connecticut or Rhode Island. I don't like the west coast that much.

East Coast represent.... lol (As long as it's not a big city because you will probably find the east coast to be a lot less friendly than the mid-west or even west coast/Arizona)

I'd like to live anywhere along the I-95 corridor from around Cocoa Beach to North Carolina/Virginia... OR near Atlanta or a bit north in the mountains.

I prefer to stay in the deep south though... it's been snowing in Atlanta lately so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Mercer!!! lol

Snow + Hot summers :D

I got excited at first since that link said Buffalo was 4k for in state and 6k for out of state...but then I went to their website and saw that it wasn't true...
http://src.buffalo.edu/financialaid/pharmcost.shtml
:(

Currently, UB's PharmD tuition is $6,435.00 (in-state) and $7,456.50(out-of-state) per semester for the first professional year (considered undergraduate tuition). For the remaining three years, it is 14,375.00 (in-state) and 15,118.25 (out-of-state - although most get residency and are considered in-state) per semester. http://src.buffalo.edu/studentaccount/springtuition.shtml

a cheap school is Ferris but its really cold there. remember though you get what you pay for.

yah i thought i was getting a deal moving from orange county california to filthadelphia...psshh...

OC: $1400 for a 800+ 1/1 sq. ft apartment w/ a parking spot + utils.
filthy: $1000 for a <400 sq ft STUDIO, parking is $200/mo extra. utils included.

horrible deal...even though on absolute terms it's $200 less. and i'm quoting pre-recession pricing for OC too. bahh

oh and i'm getting pale because of the lack of sun. add in vitamin d supplements and the need to buy new jackets/boots = it's a wash.

Looks like I'll be joining you in Ol' Filthy. I was actually scared for my Mom's reaction the first time I took her there. Had to take her through the hood twice just to get to the area I'll be living ...I think she finally understands why I won't be living right on/near campus.

Is it really the kind of thing where one block is OK, and two blocks down should be avoided at all costs? I mean that's what it seems like. I have alumni in my family from school's in the Philly area and supposedly they went out all the time to bars and what not. Every time I go apartment hunting I can't seem to figure out where they "went out" to? JW since I'll be there soon.

Currently, UB's PharmD tuition is $6,435.00 (in-state) and $7,456.50(out-of-state) per semester for the first professional year (considered undergraduate tuition). For the remaining three years, it is 14,375.00 (in-state) and 15,118.25 (out-of-state - although most get residency and are considered in-state) per semester. http://src.buffalo.edu/studentaccount/springtuition.shtml
I believe you posted the wrong columns about tuition. Here are the correct numbers:
1st year (given undergrad tuition) : Resident in state: $3,506.50 per semester
Non-Resident out of state: $7,456.50 per semester
PharmD ( years 2-4): Full Time: Resident In state: $9,053.25 (per semester)
Non-Resident out of state: $15,118.25 (per semester)

Last edited:
i guess i have best of both worlds?

Chicago: freezing winters and hot hot hot summers