THE Chicago Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I never said anything about probation. The eye rolling that went along with CMS goes way back (20 years or more) and has more to do with low admission standards and a reputation of being very low in the academic pecking order. (Taking a facutly job was not seen in the same light as going to UChicago.)

Sorry I should have rephrased that to say that it is a combo of what you said and the fact that it was on probation.

My bad!!

But I know for a fact as far back as only 2-3 years ago it was on probation for some reasons. That probationary status could also have contributed to the problems.

Members don't see this ad.

This is overblown. We have affiliations with great hospitals (Cook County and the Advocate System) as well as a couple places where we are essentially the only medical students. I'm sure there are benefits to having your "own" hospital...but we have had no deficiency in our opportunities or clinical education.

Apparently Cook County is slowly being phased out of the clerkships for RFU. However, RFU will most likely get some more heavy rotations in the Advocate system as you know is all over the Chicago land area.

I agree though, people talk about them not having their own hospital too much, it is a negative, but they do have a lot of positives.

Apparently Cook County is slowly being phased out of the clerkships for RFU. However, RFU will most likely get some more heavy rotations in the Advocate system as you know is all over the Chicago land area.

I agree though, people talk about them not having their own hospital too much, it is a negative, but they do have a lot of positives.

Cook County isn't being phased out, Mt. Sinai is.

I could have swore that Dr. Ross talked about Cook County during the interview. When he came in and asked if we had any questions..I asked about the Primary Relationship with Lutheran General. A couple years ago, there was talk of making LG the primary hospital--so then he went on to talk about the primary use of the Advocate System and the phasing out process. I was so gittery that day I could have misheard though lol.