Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HA HA!!! THE ASA THIS YEAR IS IN THE PARTY CITY OF AMERICA!!!
I know, New Orleans is typical big city...crime ridden, dirty, etc...but if you can get past that, theres alot here for visitors (and anesthesiologists that live here!)!
1)un-heralded food: When I moved here, I was a 5'11.5", 210 lb. muscle machine-slash-gym-rat, who ate nothing but 99% fat free turkey, and I drank very little alcohol. Now I'm a 5'11.5" 215 lb dude, now a quasi-gym rat, who has access to whatever food-genre I want within 15 minutes of my house...top shelf mexican, thai, chinese, the best sushi in america sans Hawaii, cajun prepared shellfish/fish, essentially any type of food you want at a great price.
2) I did my residency in New Orleans, and it took a while to acclimate to the alcohol consumption here. Across the street from my residency hospital is a bar named JOES..I remember driving past it at 5pm when I first moved here from Florida and what do I see? A buncha MD dudes standing outside the bar, what with their lab coats on (GERN BLANSTON MD...CARDIOTHORACIC SURGERY), blazened with a Corona in their hand....I was like....WTF???? Anyway, partying here is pretty much a way of life.
SO, now, well, I like to have a few margaritas essentially whenever I want (after work of course). But hey, its 4pm, I'm off work, my buddies are here watching tube, HEY, ITS TIME TO BREAK OUT THE CUERVO GOLD!!! After all, its happy hour somewhere, right? 😀
3) If you like to fish, there is no place like Louisiana.
Yesterday I took my Robalo out into Lake Pontchartrain and returned with 5 specks, 3 flounder, and 4 drum. Tonite the stuffed (with lump crabmeat, peppers, scallions, and stuffing) flounder I prepared could've won a culinary prize of at least 60K at Prudhomme's broil-off. Top it off with a few margaritas and hey, you're in heaven.
4) I'm married, but if you're single, the nite life here is unprescedented. And this is coming from a dude that went to med school in Miami.
5) OK, this is kinda a chauvanistic comment, but dudes, if you like...uh....boobs, go to Bourbon Street with some beads worth about 20 bucks total for 30 strands, hang'em off a balcony somewhere, and you'll feel like you're a Hustler Magazine photographer. Again, sorry for the chauvanism in advance.
6) My wife is from here so I'm here for family purposes. But what I've found is that New Orleans is a truly friendly city. People here are truly friendly, and the environment is like no other city.
SO, IN SUMMARY, IF YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO COME HERE, YOU NEED TO COME. You will experience food/drinking/people/experiences/boobs here like no other american city.
I know, New Orleans is typical big city...crime ridden, dirty, etc...but if you can get past that, theres alot here for visitors (and anesthesiologists that live here!)!
1)un-heralded food: When I moved here, I was a 5'11.5", 210 lb. muscle machine-slash-gym-rat, who ate nothing but 99% fat free turkey, and I drank very little alcohol. Now I'm a 5'11.5" 215 lb dude, now a quasi-gym rat, who has access to whatever food-genre I want within 15 minutes of my house...top shelf mexican, thai, chinese, the best sushi in america sans Hawaii, cajun prepared shellfish/fish, essentially any type of food you want at a great price.
2) I did my residency in New Orleans, and it took a while to acclimate to the alcohol consumption here. Across the street from my residency hospital is a bar named JOES..I remember driving past it at 5pm when I first moved here from Florida and what do I see? A buncha MD dudes standing outside the bar, what with their lab coats on (GERN BLANSTON MD...CARDIOTHORACIC SURGERY), blazened with a Corona in their hand....I was like....WTF???? Anyway, partying here is pretty much a way of life.
SO, now, well, I like to have a few margaritas essentially whenever I want (after work of course). But hey, its 4pm, I'm off work, my buddies are here watching tube, HEY, ITS TIME TO BREAK OUT THE CUERVO GOLD!!! After all, its happy hour somewhere, right? 😀
3) If you like to fish, there is no place like Louisiana.
Yesterday I took my Robalo out into Lake Pontchartrain and returned with 5 specks, 3 flounder, and 4 drum. Tonite the stuffed (with lump crabmeat, peppers, scallions, and stuffing) flounder I prepared could've won a culinary prize of at least 60K at Prudhomme's broil-off. Top it off with a few margaritas and hey, you're in heaven.
4) I'm married, but if you're single, the nite life here is unprescedented. And this is coming from a dude that went to med school in Miami.
5) OK, this is kinda a chauvanistic comment, but dudes, if you like...uh....boobs, go to Bourbon Street with some beads worth about 20 bucks total for 30 strands, hang'em off a balcony somewhere, and you'll feel like you're a Hustler Magazine photographer. Again, sorry for the chauvanism in advance.
6) My wife is from here so I'm here for family purposes. But what I've found is that New Orleans is a truly friendly city. People here are truly friendly, and the environment is like no other city.
SO, IN SUMMARY, IF YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO COME HERE, YOU NEED TO COME. You will experience food/drinking/people/experiences/boobs here like no other american city.