Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The Four Years of Medical School
Started by Chemdude
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Thank you so much for posting it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the link! I'm getting stressed watching it. lol
did you all see the one about the 8 Harvard Medical School students. BBC followed them from their 1st year (1987) all the way to 2008. It was cool seeing them go from 1st year students to full grown doctors...but I was also very disheartened by the social life that they all ended up with. I felt like I would consider myself a failure if I ended up with family lives such as theirs.
did you all see the one about the 8 Harvard Medical School students. BBC followed them from their 1st year (1987) all the way to 2008. It was cool seeing them go from 1st year students to full grown doctors...but I was also very disheartened by the social life that they all ended up with. I felt like I would consider myself a failure if I ended up with family lives such as theirs.
The Harvard one was really good...but also really sad in my opinion 🙁. Last time I checked it was on Netflix.
Thanks for posting! This video just made me so excited and terrified for August and the rest of my life.
Thanks for posting! This video just made me so excited and terrified for August and the rest of my life.
No problem...lol, same feelings on this side. I'm really excited, but I'm doubting myself at the same time.
Thank you for that. I just found it on netflix and it's really sad. Watching it now.
http://movies.netflix.com/WiPlayer?movieid=70120117&trkid=2450709&t=Doctors'+Diaries
http://movies.netflix.com/WiPlayer?movieid=70120117&trkid=2450709&t=Doctors'+Diaries
Thank you for that. I just found it on netflix and it's really sad. Watching it now.
http://movies.netflix.com/WiPlayer?movieid=70120117&trkid=2450709&t=Doctors'+Diaries
That blonde guy looks identical to Neil Patrick Harris.
This 2 part series brought my expectations of medicine down to a more pragmatic level 😛 but i still wanna go at it 🙂That blonde guy looks identical to Neil Patrick Harris.
That's why you have to have balance in your life. Watching Doctors Diaries really made me cement the fact that I will NOT be the greatest in whatever field i choose. Family is important, and when it comes to choosing work or family I will chose family every time. All those doctors seem so sad, especially the one who is working for a non-profit. All she has is a dog, thats just so depressing.
Someone posted this is in the comments:
"omg, the hate medical doctors have toward chiropractors. They act all snobby and think a pill is God. Take your own pill and chill. My program is so hard that I stay up till 4-5 am studying the concepts and our practical exams are extremely stricts.You think studying chiropractic medecine is like chewing gum. Educate yourself just like we educate ourselves about what you do."
-shadeofme12
Chiropractic medicine is as hard as spelling the word medicine.
"omg, the hate medical doctors have toward chiropractors. They act all snobby and think a pill is God. Take your own pill and chill. My program is so hard that I stay up till 4-5 am studying the concepts and our practical exams are extremely stricts.You think studying chiropractic medecine is like chewing gum. Educate yourself just like we educate ourselves about what you do."
-shadeofme12
Chiropractic medicine is as hard as spelling the word medicine.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Twisting necks is serious business.Someone posted this is in the comments:
"omg, the hate medical doctors have toward chiropractors. They act all snobby and think a pill is God. Take your own pill and chill. My program is so hard that I stay up till 4-5 am studying the concepts and our practical exams are extremely stricts.You think studying chiropractic medecine is like chewing gum. Educate yourself just like we educate ourselves about what you do."
-shadeofme12
Chiropractic medicine is as hard as spelling the word medicine.
Offtopic/
When i tried to register that was the username i pick but it turns out it was used already. Guess i know my whom now 😛 I settled for the latin word for true.
4
45408
lol, watching the white coat ceremony now is just amusing. You feel so big and important, until you show up on the wards actually wearing the short white coat.
It's funny how growing up has just made everyone else seem younger - I don't really feel older or more mature, even though I'm about to start PGY-3 in surgery, and I've got a house, wife, children, vehicles, and huge student loans.
It's funny how growing up has just made everyone else seem younger - I don't really feel older or more mature, even though I'm about to start PGY-3 in surgery, and I've got a house, wife, children, vehicles, and huge student loans.
,.,.,.,.,.,.,.
Last edited:
More medical schools need to do these types of videos!
Agreed. It would really help to gain an inside look at what you're in for with specific curriculum.
The NOVA documentary really shook me up. I'm hoping that the film makers simply got unlucky with the students they chose to follow. Obviously not all Harvard med grads (or from any other school) experience one or more failed marriages.
With the current rate of divorce (~50%), i would expect at least half of them to get divorced, which happened.
Good point. The small sample size probably made it seem more exaggerated.
I mean what's the point of having a documentary without some drama? Or no one would really talk about it as much.The NOVA documentary really shook me up. I'm hoping that the film makers simply got unlucky with the students they chose to follow. Obviously not all Harvard med grads (or from any other school) experience one or more failed marriages.
Also, does anyone know the name/link of the Harvard BBC documentary?
I mean what's the point of having a documentary without some drama? Or no one would really talk about it as much.
Also, does anyone know the name/link of the Harvard BBC documentary?
I think whoever said BBC just got it mixed up with the PBS NOVA one (Doctors' Diaries).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMvsF3OJclII mean what's the point of having a documentary without some drama? Or no one would really talk about it as much.
Also, does anyone know the name/link of the Harvard BBC documentary?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnrjZ5qztv4&feature=relmfu
Similar threads
- Replies
- 21
- Views
- 5K
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 679